68

"'Cause there'll be no sunlight
If I lose you, baby
There'll be no clear skies
If I lose you, baby"

-

*Emily's Point Of View*

We laughed loudly as Shawn managed to trip once again walking through the door of my house. I swear he was more clumsier then me.

"You looked like you had a good night?" I heard Barney say as he wiped down the kitchen bench.

"Uh- Yeah it was really fun... surprisingly" I said as Shawn's hand left my waist distancing ourselves slightly.

"Well your parents just called saying they would be home tomorrow" he said simply making me shrug.

"Okay well it's getting pretty late so we're off to bed now Barney" I said beginning to walk up the stairs.

"I'm seperate rooms I hope!" I heard Barney shout from the kitchen making me spin around to see him already gone. I glanced down at Shawn to see his eyes wide.

I let out a deep breath before continuing to make my way up the stairs. I looked back towards the stairs to see if anyone was in eye sight before pulling Shawn into my room, shutting the door behind me with a lock.

I giggled as he pushed me up against the door his lips meeting mine desperately. I pressed mine back against his just as eagerly as he did. I couldn't help but smile through the kiss.

He pulled away, our foreheads resting against one another's, the only sound that could be heard was our heavy breaths.

I slid out from his grasp before heading to the mirror and began to remove my earrings, placing them on the vanity bench.

I bent down unbuckling my heel clips before sliding them off and throwing them in the corner. I sighed happily as my feet finally felt relief from the painful heel.

I stood back up to feel Shawn's presence behind me as his hands grasped my waist. He swayed side to side his hands making my hips move as I threw my head back into his chest as I laughed.

"Hey Shawn" I whispered as he rested his chin on my shoulder his hands wrapping around my waist.

"Yeah em?" He replied kissing my neck.

"D-do you think we could m-maybe go see your f-family?" I stuttered our nervously. His lips against my neck suddenly stopped as he removed them from my skin. His hands dropped from my waist as he took a step away from me. He looked down as I stared at him through the reflection of the mirror.

"Shawn?" I whispered desperately wanting to know what he was feeling. Was he upset or mad at me? Was he happy?

"Stop" He said sternly before taking a seat on the edge of my bed. "I knew this would happen" he whispered shaking his head.

"What?" I asked confused. What would happen?

"I knew if I opened up about my family you'd get curious" he said leaning back on his hands.

"Is that such a bad thing?" I asked as I took a step towards him.

"Yes Emily. I haven't seen them for a long time. The last time I saw them was not a good memory okay?" He said a hint of annoyance evident in his tone.

"I-I just thought it'd be good for y-you to see them again... and maybe for m-me to meet them" I said staring at him intently watching for any reaction.

"No Emily. Just stop" he said standing up so he was now towering over me.

"I was only trying to help" I said softly as I began to play with my fingers. "Well stop trying to help" he said making me sigh. He pushed past me and out the door, shutting it with a loud slam.

I rubbed my hands down my face as I groaned in annoyance. I wanted to go back to his room and comfort him but I knew he just needed space right now.

I unzipped my dress letting it pool around my feet before grabbing a pair of sweats and a baggy shirt I'd left here.

I slipped under my covers, switching my lamp off as I laid there in complete silence and darkness.

I sighed before reaching for my phone, switching it on, the screen lighting up the room.

I clicked on the yellow Snapchat app and began to type;

Me: I'm sorry

Shawn: I know.

I sighed before going onto Instagram and aimlessly scrolling through my feed before my curiosity began to develop once again.

I hit the search button before searching Shawn's Instagram name up. I clicked on the following and began to recollect my thoughts for the familiar name.

A light bulb went off in my head as I began to type the name I was thinking of;

Brian Craigen

-

*Shawn's Point Of View*

I don't know why she wanted to get involved so bad. It was hard enough opening up to her about my family. It was an extremely sensitive topic for me and for her to straight away get me to meet them was fucking annoying.

I understand her good intentions but I was pissed off. She didn't have any right to interfere in my family life. She just didn't understand.

I sighed as I switched my phone off after messaging Emily back. I placed it on the bedside table before rolling onto my side and closing my eyes in attempt to get some needed sleep.

-

A/N: kinda a trash chapter. More of a filler but oh welllll I might update when I finish work :)