05

"Ready for complicated nights with just one
I love the thrill,
but chasing all of them is done"

-

*Emily's Point Of View*

I sat in the passenger seat, getting closer and closer towards my house. I'm hoping that if I get there early enough I can just hide in my room and pretend I'm not there.

"Thanks Ron, I'll see you later" I said getting out of the car and heading towards the front door.

I headed inside and rushed towards my room, shutting the door quietly behind me so I wouldn't  draw attraction to myself.

I softly laid down on my bed hoping my bed wouldn't creak, but to my luck. It did.

There was a soft knock a few minutes after I became comfortable, I stared at my alarm clock seeing it was 10 minutes past midday.

"Yes?" I asked wondering who was at the door.

The door opened a crack my mum's head poking inside.

"We assessed the applicant and it looks like he's successful in getting the job. Can you come and meet him? We'll be in your fathers office" she said before shutting the door behind her.

I groaned to myself just wanting to get this over with.

I got out of bed and headed towards my dads office taking a deep breath before placing a light knock on my dads door.

"Come in" my dad yelled from inside the office.

I sighed deeply before swinging the door open, turning around to shut it behind me.

"Hi I'm Shawn" I heard the familiar voice say as I turned around. I glanced at the guy, the colour from my face being lost and my heart beginning to race.

As soon as we made eye contact his eyes widened and he wiped his palm on his jeans.

"Uhh. Um- yea. Sorry. Hi, I'm Emily" I said shaking his hand. I avoided eye contact before squeezing my eyes tightly in embarrassment, wanting nothing more then to escape this awkward situation.

"Sit down and we'll discuss your flight times and living conditions" my dad said gesturing towards the seat beside Shawn.

I carefully sat down my body facing the opposite direction of Shawn.

"Emily's flight leaves Monday morning at 6:00am from the Dulles International Airport and arrives at the Los Angeles International Airport at 12:20pm" he said handing Shawn a bunch of papers that obviously contained documents and information about his requirements with me.

"Now I get you guys are around the same age range... but I want the relationship between you two to be strictly professional" my dad said seriously.

"Heath!" My mum scolded as she swatted my fathers shoulder.

A bright red colour tinted my cheeks as I blushed furiously.

"Uh. No sir. I promise I will not interact with your daughter that way" Shawn spoke up.

I sighed deeply. A small part of me kind of hoped that he would still want to get to know me and we could still try work something out. But of course being the daughter of the President always has its perks.

"Yea dad. He's just my personal body guard. Nothing else" I spoke sharply hoping Shawn realised that I was clearly dampened by his choice.

"Are we done?" I asked tapping my foot impatiently just wanting to leave this room.

"Yes you can go back to your room now" My dad said. I stood up, keeping my head down, quickly leaving the room.

*Shawn's Point Of View*

She rushed out of the room shutting the door with a slam making her dad furrow his eyebrows.

"Sorry about her, she was against this whole body guard thing. But I'm just trying to protect her" he said.

"Yea I totally understand. It's fine" I said making him nod.

"Okay so if you could meet Em at the airport at 5:00am on Monday. She'll get dropped off buy our driver Ron" he spoke shooting me a thankful smile.

"No worries. I'll be there. Once again thank you Mr President for this opportunity. I promise to take good care of your daughter" I said standing up and shaking his hand.

"Please call me Heath. And thank you. I appreciate it" he said thanking me before letting me leave.

I walk down the stairs slowly attempting to see if I could get a glimpse of Emily. But I didn't.

I wanted to apologise for what I said but I couldn't. I had to keep things strictly professional.

*Emily's Point Of View*

I paced back and forth in my room contemplating whether or not to talk to him. Do I send him a casual Snapchat or just go straight into asking why he didn't tell me he was applying for the position to be 'protecting me'.

I sighed before unlocking my phone and going straight to the Snapchat app.

I took a quick photo of me before sending it to Shawn, letting out a squeal and dropping my phone onto my bed;

I distracted myself from checking my phone for a while by deciding to begin packing. I began to fold the clothes I needed and wanted for Los Angeles and put them into my suitcase.

20 minutes go by and I've finally finished packing my clothes into my suitcase and realise that I haven't checked my Snapchat.

I walked out of my closet and slowly checked my phone to see I had a Snapchat from Shawn.

shawnmendes1: Emily, you know we can't talk anymore.

me: Why? Just because your my body guard now doesn't mean we can't talk?

shawnmendes1: strictly professional talk Emily. I can't loose this job.

I decided to leave him on read.

I obviously wasn't getting anywhere with this guy. And to begin to think that my dad being the President wouldn't ruin another relationship in my life.

I was definitely wrong.

I tossed my phone onto my bed side table and snuggling myself under my blanket. I pulled my book, Wuthering Heights, out and beginning to distract myself for the fact that I was leaving to Los Angeles in two days with my best friend and my body guard.

Who also happened to be the guy I liked.

-

A/N- it's a shorter chapter than usual but oh well