66

"'Cause I think you got something like the biggest soul I've ever seen
And I think you're the one
Suit and tie, with the curly hair making your way with that step and stare"

-

*Emily's Point Of View*

"We're here Miss Rose" the driver said coming to a halt.

"You're okay" Shawn said sending me a comforting smile before hopping out of the door on his right and shutting it behind him. I furrowed my brows in confusion at where he was going when I felt the door to my left open, revealing Shawn.

I took a deep breath before reaching up to his outstretched arm and taking a step out. He helped me out of the car without flashing anything to the hundreds of cameras behind us.

"Thank you" I whispered glancing down the carpet that was soon being left empty by my parents as they entered the building. I gulped before feeling Shawn's hand on the bottom of my back as he ushered me forward.

My heels hit the red carpet as I stood in front of the many photographers. I put on a smile and posing sticking my leg slightly out of the slight of my dress.

"Shawn join her!" I heard a camera man yell making me look over at him nervously. He shrugged before placing a hand on the bottom of my back and smiling.

I looked up at him as I watched him smile the camera. My fake smile instantly turned into a wide grin as I watched him. He looked down at me and I so desperately wished I could press my lips against his. I shook my head before leading him down the carpet and into the building.

I thanked the man who held the door open.

I gasped as my eyes ran along the pristine walls and many sparkling chandeliers that hung from that roof.

Many people were sat at there tables while other were mingling and drinking.

Unfortunately I was underage so I wasn't legally allowed to drink.

A man came up to Shawn with a tray full of champagne in glasses offering him one.

"No thank you, but two sprites would be good thanks" he said making the waiter nod as he rushed off to the bar.

"You're not drinking?" I asked curiously.

"Nope. If my girls not than neither am I" He said making me smile and blush.

The man soon returned with two tall glasses of sprite. Shawn grabbed them both before moving to the table where our name tags where placed.

He put the drinks down on the table before pulling my chair out for me. "M'lady" He said making me giggle as I sat down on the empty seat, him sitting in the chair beside me.

I began to sip on my drink when I gasped. "Is that Nicole Kidman?" I said to Shawn gripping his arm tightly. He laughed at my reaction as he nodded.

"Why aren't you phased?" I said looking at him puzzled.

He chuckled and shook his head. "I've body guarded for most of these people" he said waving at a nearby Niall Horan.

My mouth dropped as Niall smiled back before heading over. "Shawn oh my god. Oh my god" I whispered under my breath as he got closer.

"Shawn! My man!" Niall said as Shawn stood up and bro hugged him.

"Hey dude, what's been happening?" Shawn casually asked while I was still in shock at the whole situation.

"Just working on the new album, ready to release it pretty soon" Niall replied before smiling at me.

"Oh! Niall this is Emily... Emily this is Niall" Shawn said gesturing towards both of us. I smiled awkwardly as I waved slightly.

"Hi how are ya'?" He asked, his thick Irish accent was well evident.

"I'm good thanks how are you?" I answered politely.

"Pretty good now that I've seen this fella" he said nudging Shawn making him laugh. I smiled at the way they interacted.

"Well I'd best be going, Harry should be ere' soon" making my jaw drop. Harry styles was going to be here!

"Yea too easy, let him know I said hey" Shawn said before hugging Niall.

"Too easy, he'll probably come say hi anyway. Nice meeting you Emily" Niall said with a smile before heading in the opposite direction.

"Shawn! You know Niall Horan and Harry Styles!" I squealed jumping in my seat.

"Jeez if I knew you'd love them that much I would've introduced you ages ago" he said with a chuckle.

"You have to introduce me to the rest of the band one day, promise?" I begged even though I knew it was almost impossible to get them all in the same spot after they'd split up.

"That's going to be a bit difficult darling but I'll try" he said with a laugh.

"Hello everyone" I heard my dad's voice say over the speaker as it echoed off the walls of the building.

"I'd just like to thank everyone for joining me tonight at the annual presidency ball. I really appreciate. I really want to thank my beautiful wife for attending with me, she's always there for me in my toughest times. And there's a lot with this job. But everyone enjoy your night and thank you for coming!" He said before the music started to slowly come back into hearing.

I frowned as I stared at my dad who was heading towards our table.

"Don't get mad baby, it's not worth it" I heard Shawn whisper beside me as he rested a hand on my thigh.

"I can't even believe him" I spat out in anger.

I flew all the way out here from the other side of the country and didn't get a thank you. Yeah I was really feeling the love now.

-

A/N: Does anyone watch love Island uk because omg it's finished and I'm so devooo