19

"Time flies, I feel it inside strike a nerve and it all went numb
Why lie? You get me so high, my desire blocks out the sun"

-

*Emily's Point Of View*

"How were you meeting all the kids?" My mother asked Shawn curiously as she cut her lamb roast into smaller pieces.

Right now we were having dinner with the rest of my family. Shawn was situated on my right with George and Lily to my left. My mum and dad were across from me, Lila in her hair chair at the end of the table and my Aunt Felissa and Uncle Derrick, also the mother of Lily and George, beside my parents.

"Yea it was actually amazing. George and Lila are adorable" he spoke after swallowing a piece of lamb.

"Yea George won't stop talking about the train you and him drew. What'd you say it was?" My aunt chimed in.

"The best train ever!" George cheered making Shawn reach across me to high give him. Shawn's presence being so close to me, his shoulder brushing mine was enough to create butterflies in my stomach.

"Well that's good that your settled with the kids... I'm sure you'll be sticking around" my mum said staring at me intently before shooting me a subtle wink that I was praying Shawn didn't see.

I choked on the piece of lamb I was chewing hysterically. I launched for my glass of water chugging it down to relieve myself from choking but the embarrassment my mum caused.

She knew something was up.

"Are you okay?" Shawn asked worriedly, placing a hand discreetly on my thigh. This made me cough into my water and fall into a fit of coughs.

"Yep" I said putting my hand up to say I was fine. I took a deep breath finally settling down.

"So How's Los Angeles?" My mum asked taking a sip of her wine.

"It's really good. I love everything about it" I said cheerfully trying to ignore the feeling of Shawn's palm softly kneeling my thigh.

"I'm pleased then. How about you Shawn? My daughter hasn't drawn you to the brink yet" she said with a giggle making my cheeks tint a light pink.

Shawn chuckled shaking his head softly before replying, "No she's actually been quite settled. We've become good friends actually" he said making me look down.

I know my parents, or any one for that fact, wasn't supposed to know about... whatever was going on between us. But that didn't mean that hit a spot in my heart.

My heart soon went from dropping to expanding out of my chest as I felt Shawn's hand softly slide up my thigh to right beside my heat. Thank god I was wearing jeans.

"That's great then" she said making me smile before taking another bite of my lamb. Shawn's thumb slowly caressing the inside of my thigh. It made feelings of comfort but nerve overcome me.

"Once we've finished dinner, why don't you guys all go watch a movie with the kids?" She said gesturing to the movie room.

"Yea sure that seems fun" I said shrugging not caring what I was doing because the only thought running through my head was that Shawn's hand was getting closer and closer to my centre.

"Actually!" I exclaimed hitting my knee on the table in an attempt to get Shawn to stop.

"I'm not that much hungry. I'll go set up now" I said standing up. I collected my plate and cup and headed towards the kitchen.