82

"When you get knocked down and you've had enough
Oh I'll be there to dust you off
When you don't know what you're gonna do
I will look after you"

-

*Emily's Point Of View*

It had been days since I'd last spoke to Shawn. Days since I last touched him, kissed him or even saw him.

Every moment that went past was another moment without him and another moment of excruciating pain.

I was on my back to Los Angeles now and I knew the second I took a step into that apartment I was going to break down.

The first night was difficult. I couldn't stop crying I was sure my pillow was going to be permanently wet from my tears. But now I just felt numb. empty. broken.

My dad had tried knocking on my door every hour to speak to me but I didn't want a bar of it. I didn't want to speak to him at all or even see his face.

My mom told me he was making arrangements for a new body guard to join me in Los Angeles in the next few weeks. That infuriated me that he thinks that Shawn could just be replaced with the click of his fingers.

The plane shook with turbulence as my hand was getting used to the cold feeling of air as we landed. Finally getting used to the realisation that Shawn wasn't going to be here again to hold my hand.

I quickly grabbed my carry on bag, shoving my glasses close to my eyes as I began to walk down the path. My hair was thrown up in a lazy bun as I wore Shawn's hoodie and my old sweats from back home.

I didn't care about what I looked like anymore. Why did I need to put effort into my appearance? Who was I trying to impress? Not Shawn anymore.

I hailed down a taxi after making my way out of the airport seeing a few paparazzi waiting outside the airport.

I honestly didn't understand why they were even taking photos of me? I wasn't a celebrity. I was just the presidents daughter.

I took a seat in the taxi, throwing my bag beside me as I told him my address. I buckled myself up as I stared at the city buildings around me, one standing out in particular.

The Ritz-Carlton

I glanced at those front doors remembering when Shawn made me wear a blind fold to surprise me.

I sighed as we drove past it and continued to make our way towards the apartment, arriving in a merely 5 minutes.

I took a deep breath as the tall building stood in front of me. I handed the taxi driver a twenty dollar bill letting him keep the change.

I took a step out of the taxi, it zooming off down the street instantly.

I walked up the steps and into the lobby heading towards the elevator doors, pressing the button as I watched it light up.

I felt like my legs were going to buckle underneath me any second. The doors opened an elderly couple walking out and straight past me. I hopped into the elevator pressing the floor level.

Before the doors shut I got a last glance of the elderly man holding the door open for the elderly woman.

I bit down on my lip harshly remembering how Shawn always used to do that. There wasn't one door I had to open when I was around him because he always beat me to it.

The doors soon opened revealing the familiar hallway. I slowly made my way down the hallway before standing in front of the door.

I stood there few a few minutes just staring at the cream coloured door considering whether I should just book a hotel and avoid this breakdown that I knew was going to happen as soon as I took a step inside.

I gulped deeply before pushing the key inside the lock and turning it left pushing the door open.

I walked inside letting the door slam shut behind me. I glanced towards the kitchen seeing the pizza box we had that night.

I dropped my bag to the floor, my head beginning to spin as flashbacks from the other day kicked in;

"Please... Please- you can't leave me. You can't"

"I'm sorry Em. I love you"

A tear slid down my cheek at the last memory we had. I made my way down the hallway standing in front of his door for a few minutes. Was I ready to go back in here?

I ignored my hesitant thoughts and pushed his door open slowly. I choked up seeing the bare empty room. His bed was stripped, a mattress the only thing laying there. His bed side tables were empty and his guitar was gone.

I ran in, opening his side drawer hoping to see his old chargers and lyric notebook but I was revealed to nothing. absolutely nothing.

It was empty.

I ran over the closet, swinging the door open to reveal once again. Nothing. My eyes widened as I saw one large plain black t-shirt hanging on a coat hanger.

I grasped it holding it close to my chest, the familiar smell of him filing my senses.

I hugged it to my chest tightly, the feeling of his t-shirt against my cheek and the smell inhaled through my nose was somewhat comforting. As if he was here.

I shut the closer door, his t-shirt still in my hand as I slowly made my way to my room. I sighed placing the T-shirt on my bed as I stared at in deep thought.

I threw my head back in attempt to stop the tears from trickling down my cheeks. I had gone three days without crying and I wasn't going to begin again.

I turned around to head to the bathroom when I saw a thin damaged piece of paper sitting on top of my computer.

He didn't. Did he?

I took a step towards it as I looked down at it a small grin coming to my face as I recognised the familiar handwriting.

He did.

-

A/N: this was kinda a filler. A sad fucking filler. But a filler. But anyway lots of people keep commenting her dad is Donald trump. And it isn't. For the purpose of this story I've created a 'new president' that isn't Donald trump cos fuck that.