47

"I saw your face in a wedding crowd
Dreaming I could hold you
The way you looked when your turned around
Feeling like I know ya"

-

*Emily's Point Of View*

For the first time in ages, I actually woke up early and before Shawn. I glanced over at the alarm clock beside my bed to see it was just a few minutes before 8:00am.

I slowly slid out of Shawn's grip before making my way to the kitchen. I was going to surprise him with a big breakfast. It was the least I could do for all he has done for me.

My feet padded along the flooring all the way to the kitchen. I quietly got out a few pans and turned on the stove. Opening the fridge, I grabbed the eggs and bacon before grabbing the pancake mix out of the pantry.

I placed two pans onto the stove and let them heat up. Whilst the pans heated up I poured some water into the pancake mix and began to shake it wildly before turning on the electric fry pan for the pancakes.

Once the pans were finally heated and ready to go I cracked two eggs onto one pan while placing a few bits of bacon onto the other pan.

The sizzle of the bacon and oil on the pans was enough to make me hungry. I grabbed two glasses out of the fridge and filled one up with orange juice to drink while I cooked.

I took a sip, leaning against the counter when my legs began to tremble and feel like jelly. My legs caved in underneath me making me fall to the ground, my glass smashing beneath me.

I fell on my ass, my elbows digging into the broken glass in defence of my head hitting the ground.

I groaned in pain but couldn't feel my legs straight away.

"Em? What was that?" I heard Shawn call, his voice getting closer to the kitchen.

"Fuck babe" he cursed leaning down in front of me placing his hands underneath my arms and lifting me up. I whimpered as he sat me down on the counter.

"What happened?" He asked looking at my teary eyes.

"I-I tried to make you breakfast. I-I j-just collapsed" I whispered out, the feeling of glass in my elbows was unbearable as I felt the blood glide down my arms slowly. I could tell it wasn't much but it still hurt like a bitch.

"Baby... you need to take small steps at a time" he said turning around, grabbing the spatula to quickly flip the bacon and move the eggs onto a plate.

"I know..." I started softly letting out a frustrated sigh. "I just wanted to do something special for you" I said with a pout.

"Something special you could do for me is rest right now" he said lifting my chin up so I was looking at him.

"I guess... I'm sorry" I apologised as I looked down at the mess I had created. There was shattered glass along the kitchen floor with juice splashed in a puddle.

"Hey... don't worry- fuck Em your arms, there bleeding" he said grabbing my arm softly to look over the cut.

He bent down to open the cabinet under the kitchen sink, pulling out a red first aid kit. He placed it beside me before opening the box to reveal a fully loaded kit. From bandaids to betadine.

He grabbed a cotton bud out as well as the small bottle of betadine pouring some of the liquid onto the cotton bud.

"This is going to sting a bit, but it'll prevent any infections" he said looking into my eyes making me nod. He softly pressed the damp cotton bud onto my cut making me hiss in pain.

"It's hurts" I whimpered, my eyes filling up with tears. My pain tolerance was probably the same or even worse than a 3 year old.

"I'm sorry... it'll feel better soon" he said before repeating the same on my other elbow, soon placing bandaids on.

"There all done" he said making me smile at him in admiration. He threw the cotton buds and bandaid wrappers in the bin.

"What're you smiling at?" He asked with a cheeky grin on his lips as he stood between my legs.

"Is there anything you can't do?" I asked wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Hmm... I can't dance" he said making me gasp dramatically.

"You can't dance?" I ask making him shake his head with a smile on his face.

"I'll have to teach you one day" I said making him chuckle. "Good luck" he whispered pushing a piece of hair behind my ear as I stared up at him.

"God your stunning" he whispered beneath his breath.

"Thank you" I said softly feeling my cheeks tint a bright pink.

He looks at you bouncing back and forth from your eyes and lips as he lingered in front of you. I became breathless as his face inches closer and closer. Just when I felt like I couldn't take anymore of the anticipation, he smashes his lips onto yours.

It feels as though electricity is pumping through your veins as you melt into his lips. His hand softly caresses from your waist down to your hips, his mouth sliding into yours, letting an unexpected moan come out.

Your hands slid down his back in an attempt to push him closer to you when an annoying loud beeping echoes throughout the apartment.

He pulls away as our eyes open, smoke is clouding the room as the fire alarm continues to blare. He quickly runs to the balcony to open the door and switch the fan on. I hop off the counter carefully to turn the stove off and air the room out with a tea-towel.

Soon enough the smoke is finally gone and the alarm has stopped beeping.

"We burnt the bacon" I poured as I looked at the black charcoal in the pan.

I felt hands wrap around my waist and a breath against my neck, "it's okay, we can make some more" he said gesturing towards the half of bacon packet still laying on the counter.

I giggled as he spun me around planting his lips onto my mine.

"There's no one who's ever made me feel this way before" he whispered against my lips making me look up at him and smile widely.

-

A/N: The starched song is by a guy who I used to be really close with and he released this song a few months ago and I actually love it so maybe go check it out. ALSO wtf with Shawn and Camila.