89

"You're in my blood,
you're in my veins,
you're in my head"

-

*Shawn's Point Of View*

My eyes opened for a split second at the sound of a light tap.

They quickly fluttered shut again, thinking I was just hearing things.

There it was again. My eyes shot open as everything flooded back to me. Flying to Toronto. Finding out Emily was kidnapped. Coming back to the apartment.

I glanced around my surroundings, my mind clicking that I had slept in Emily's room. I smiled slightly at the big whiff of vanilla I'd taken in.

"Shawn?" I heard a feminine voice call out from the hallway. I rubbed my eyes before hopping out of bed, swinging the door open, revealing Emily's mom.

"Good morning" I said, my voice cracking slightly.

"Good morning honey. I thought I'd pop in and just let you know Heath and some agents are heading over to Emily's school to see if that James boy is there" she said a scowl forming in her lips at the mention of James.

My eyes widened, "I'm coming" I said slipping my shoes back on and shoving my phone and wallet into my pocket.

I shut Emily's bedroom door behind me before following her mom down the hall and out the door.

I glanced towards the elevators to see Emily's mom had her hand out, holding the doors open for me. I quickly jogged over into the elevator, letting the doors shut.

-

"Okay... I know that if you see him. It's going to be really hard for you... but you have to stay calm Shawn" Emily's mom said giving my hand a squeeze.

I nodded in understandment. I knew if I saw that little pricks face my fist would be straight in the middle of it.

"And make sure Heath doesn't do anything he'll regret" she said letting out a small chuckle.

"I'll try my hardest" I said before hugging her and hopping out of the car.

I looked around to see Emily's dad and Carl, the FBI agent that was at the house yesterday.

I slowly made my way over to them glancing over at the entrance of the school, remembering when I punched James there before.

I smiled shaking my head at the memory, extremely thankful I got to the punch the fucker while I could.

"Shawn" Carl said holding his hand out for me to shake. I grasped his hand firmly shaking it with a small nod of my head.

"We are just going to head into Emily's psychology class she has that started forty five minutes ago. James is in the same class" Carl explained as I nodded throughout him speaking.

"If he's in there, we're going to calmly ask him to step out and taking him down to the station for a full interrogation and investigation..." he started.

I nodded taking a deep breath as we began to walk up the familiar entry steps and school hallways. I remember following her, Carly and Rhylee down these halls, only wishing I could walk down with her hand in mine.

"Ready?" Carl said raising his hand into a fist in front of the door.

I nodded with Emily's dad as Carl knocked on the door. I heard Mr Thompson, Emily's psychology professor stop talking from inside.

The door soon swung open revealing the familiar teacher. His eyebrows were furrowed in confusion, as soon as his eyes met mine and Emily's dad, his eyes widened and his eyebrows raised.

He coughed in surprise, "um... hello Mr President, what can I do for you?" He said, his cheeks turning read slightly.

"Hi, I'm Carl, FBI agent for the department of the United States Of America. We'd like to have a word with James Cardwell outside if that's okay?" Carl interrupted getting straight to the point.

I was glad he did that because we didn't have much time, Emily was still god knows where. Who knows what she's going through right now.

He coughed, gesturing to take a step back so he could shut the door behind him.

"Is this about Emily's disappearance?" He said crossing his arms over his chest. 

"Yes" Emily's dad answered straight away.

"Well... James hasn't been in class since Emily's gone missing" he said taking a deep gulp. I think he knew what was going on.

"I don't mean to disturb your class, but is it okay if we can have a word with you for a minute?" Carl said pointing down the hall.

"Uhh... yeah of course. I'll just dismiss my class" he said before walking back into class, coming out a few minutes later, the rest of the kids flowing out of the room.

"Shawn!" I heard a familiar voice yell down the hall making me spin around.

"Rhylee was it?" I asked, completely forgetting the girls name.

"Yeah..." she said biting down on her lip slightly.

"Any news about Emily?" She asked, twirling a piece of hair with her finger.

"Um... no not yet. Has she possibly tried to contact you or anything?" I asked curiously, crossing my hands over my chest.

"No, I really miss her" she said looking down sadly as she began to play with her denim skirt.

"Hey, it's okay... we all miss her a lot. We're doing our best to find her" I said placing a hand on her shoulder.

She looked up at me and smiled softly.

"Do you think- I could.. I dunno' maybe grab your number... in case anything happens with Emily of course!" She said her eyes widening at the end.

"Oh... uh. I suppose so" I said as she pulled her phone out from her backpack, handing it over to me.

I pushed in my phone number before handing it back to her.

"Thank you" she said her cheeks tinting a light pink, instantly reminding me of Emily when her cheeks went pink at every compliment I gave her.

"No worries... Uh- I'll see you round'" I said making her smile and nod repeatedly.

"Of course... cya Shawn" she said pecking my cheek before spinning on her heel and heading down the hallway.

My eyes widened in bewilderment.

Was she flirting with me?

-

A/N: sorry I haven't updated in like ages. I'm still sick like what the fuck is happening to me. Anyway I will be double updating cos I feel hella bad :(