50

"We were young and drinking in the park
There was nowhere else to go
And you said you always had my back
Oh but how were we to know"

-

*Emily's Point Of View*

"Do I have to go" I groaned pulling my covers over my head to cover the bright light from my window.

"Em it's been just over two weeks, you need to go back to school" Shawn said tugging the whole duvet off my body.

"Fine fine... I'm getting up" I said beginning to sit up slowly before giggling and pulling the blanket back up over my head again.

I heard Shawn chuckle before yanking the blanket to the floor, grabbing me by the waist and throwing me over his shoulder.

"Shawn!" I squealed hitting his back as he carried me down the hallway.

"I made you breakfast. Eat" he said placing me down on the kitchen counter stool before kissing my forehead.

I smiled before digging into the omelette he made me.

"I really don't want to go" I whined sticking my bottom lip out to pout.

"Don't give me that look, go on. Get changed" he said ushering me towards my room.

I tilted my head back and groaned before stomping down the hallway and into my room. I grabbed a loose black graphic T-shirt with my denim mom jeans and belt.

I slid my Air Force ones on and tied my hair into a ponytail. I didn't bother applying makeup, class was only an hour today.

I shoved my laptop and school stationery in my handbag before throwing it on my shoulder.

"What's with the handbag?" Shawn's voice popped in making me glance at him leaning against the door frame.

"What?" I asked confused bring the handbag further up my shoulder.

"You hated girls who brought hand bags to school? Where's your backpack?" He asked one of his eyebrows raised in amusement.

"I-I just liked this handbag" I stuttered not wanting to fess up my legitimate reason.

"Em..." he warned.

"Okay okay" I said throwing my hands up in surrender.

"I dunno'... when I heard you speaking to Camila in your room the other day. You said I was a child. So I thought I'd start wearing a handbag instead of a stupid high schooler backpack" I said rolling my eyes.

"Change it" He said simply with a small grin lined along his lips.

"Change it?" I repeated in confusion.

"Yes. I like you the way you are. Don't you dare try to change for me or anyone" he said walking towards me and sliding the hand bag off my shoulder.

I sighed as I saw him empty it and refill it into my black backpack. He held the backpack out making me roll my eyes playfully with a smile. I grabbed it and threw it over my shoulders.

Ah that felt so much better on my back.

We headed downstairs and quickly began our drive to UCLA.

The whole ride I continuously changed attempts to calm my anxiety. From chewing on my nails and biting my lip to non-stop fidgeting and fiddling in the car. I was so jittery that Shawn had to place a hand on my thigh to calm my nerves down.

We finally pulled into the car park of the college, Shawn pulling into a park right at the front.

"C'mon you can do this" Shawn said kissing my cheek before opening his door and racing to my side to open mine. I smiled and thanked him as he opened my door assisting me out.

We walked together up the steps to the front of the school, pushing through the front doors to get inside.

We walked side by side quietly in the direction of my classroom. We didn't speak knowing I wouldn't be focused enough to keep a conversation.

We entered the class room and surprisingly not many people were here yet.

I headed towards my usual spot to see Rhylee sitting there typing on her laptop. I pulled the chair out making the legs scratch against the floor.

"Oh my god Emily! I heard what happened! Are you okay?" Rhylee exclaimed pulling me in for a tight hug.

"Yea... I'm fine now. Why didn't you come see me or text me?" I asked straight away an eyebrow raised in suspicion.

"I'm so sorry! My mom found out I was at a party and forced me to go home. She took my phone off me and I still haven't got it back... I guess I left before everything happened" she said looking at me sympathetically.

I sighed understanding the situation.

"It's okay" I said with a small smile. She smiled back at me before her eyes drifted behind me and her smile faltered.

"Emily... I see you made a great recovery" I heard that familiar voice cheer from behind me.

I let out a deep breath before turning around to see James making his way to his seat in front of me.

I rolled my eyes ignoring his comment and trying to show that I wasn't terrified of him.

I reached to my backpack, grabbing my laptop out.

"Get a little bit to drunk did we?" He said spinning around in his seat to face me.

"You know what happened" I hissed under my breath.

He smirked and turned around as Mr Thompson walked in.

-

Surprisingly I was actually paying attention and took a lot of notes.

The bell rang making me jump, distracting me from my notes. I looked up at the clock seeing it was now the end of the lesson.

I quickly packed up my things and headed outside, trying to get as far as I could from James. I felt bad that I left Rhylee there in the class room but if she knew what I was feeling she would've done the same.

I let out a breath of relief as I pushed open the front doors of the school, the fresh air hitting me in the face.

I felt a tight grip grab onto my rest, spinning me around.

"Look who it is" I heard James say as he pulled me towards his body.

"Get off me" I spat attempting to push my body away from his. But his grip only tightened making me whimper and my eyes begin to water.

"Why don't we finish what we started?" He mumbled shoving me against the brick wall by my shoulders. My eyes ran across the parking lot as I now regretted not leaving the class with Shawn.

I felt his wet lips press against my neck as he began to press them up and down my skin before beginning to suck.

"Why don't I just take you right here" he whispered in my ear, biting down on my ear lobe.

A tear streamed down my face as I felt his heavy breath against the side of my face.

"Get the fuck off her" I heard someone yell before James' body was thrown off me and onto the ground.

-

A/N: Sorry for not updating as much as usual but can we please talk about that video of Camila and Shawn kissing in that restaurant because sis that ain't it. hahahah that looked like the most awkward kiss of my life. but if that's how they rolll then so be it.