88

"I feel a little nauseous and my hands are shaking
I guess that means you're close by
My throat is getting dry and my heart is racing
I haven't been by your side"

-

*Shawn's Point Of View*

"W-What? W-who?" I heard Emily's mom stutter out as she stared at me with a confused expression.

"That's James. James Cardwell" I said making her eyes widen.

"The one that spiked Emily's drink" I admitted making her mouth open ajar.

"He did what?" I heard Emily's dad yell.

"He was the one who spiked her drink? I'll kill him!" Her dad said grabbing the tablet from my hands and storming off back towards the FBI agent he was talking to.

"Oh my god" I heard Emily's mom mumble.

"I know... it's a lot to take in. But I promise we'll find her" I said squeezing her hand tightly.

"What- What if she's... dead?" She admitted making my eyes finally meet hers. We were both thinking it but didn't want to even think about that.

"Emily's a strong girl. She will push through whatever is happening to her right now. I just know it" I said not breaking eye contact.

"God... you should've seen her after you left. I'm such a terrible mother" she said making my eyebrows furrow.

"What do you mean?" I questioned, curious to what she was talking about.

"She was devastated. Completely broken. She stayed in her room and cried every day... she barely ate. God. If Heath and I just let you stay together none of this would've happened..." she said staring blankly at the wall before her head cascaded into her hands.

"This is all our fault" she said her body shaking from her deep breaths.

"No it's not..." I said placing a hand on her back to rub circles soothingly.

"I'm going to get his face plastered on every news and media outlet in the country" I heard Emily's dad spit out in venom.

I quickly stood up, catching Emily's mom's attention.

"I don't think that's a good idea" I said walking over to him and the FBI agent.

"What are you talk-" he began to protest against me before the FBI agent interrupted.

"Sorry to interrupt sir, but he's correct. If we put his face anywhere and everywhere he could flee the country or even potentially harm Emily" the FBI agent said making me nod in agreement.

He let out a huff, running a hand through his hair.

"I-I don't know then" he said, his eyes flossing over with tears.

"Sir, sit down with your wife and I can help assist" I said gesturing to Emily's distraught wife.

He nodded smiling sadly at me before walking over to Emily's mom.

"Is there any lead we have on him? Or where he's holding her?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest.

"We've had security cameras from the convenience store across the road capture the car she was taken in. They're now tracking the owner of the car and then will scan all traffic cameras for the number plate" he said letting out a breath of air.

"How long does that usually take?" I ask squinting my eyes in concentration.

"Up to 48 hours but because this is a top priority case, we will most likely get it done in under 24 hours" he said making me let out an angry huff.

Anything could happen between now and 24 hours.

"Son just get some rest, there's absolutely nothing we can do right now until the plate license comes in. We have patrol cars searching the city and far outskirts" he said making me nod and sigh.

I was exhausted.

I thanked the FBI agent, who I found out was named Carl.

I headed back to Emily's parents to let them know I was leaving.

"Sir, I'm going to head to a hotel now. Please let me know if anything happens or there's any updates" I pleaded, throwing my duffel bag over my shoulder.

"Nonsense! You can sleep here. This was your home for months. It's late and you'll be lucky to get a hotel until five hundred tonight" Emily's mom said making me sigh and nod.

"I suppose, thank you Mrs Rose" I said shooting her a genuine smile.

"Please Shawn... call me Katherine" she said making me smile.

"Goodnight Katherine. Goodnight Mr President" I said nodding my head at them before heading up the hall.

It was weird. I never thought I'd be walking down this hall ever again. I let out a deep breath before pushing my door open to see it completely bare. There wasn't even a mattress there anymore, just a bed's stable.

I sighed knowing they meant I could sleep in Emily's room. I squeezed my eyes tightly, before spinning around and shutting my door behind me.

I took a step forward, coming face to face with Emily's door. I shakily reached out for the door knob, turning it to the right and pushing it forward.

I bit down on my lip as her scent instantly flooded my nose, the smell of vanilla and lavender combining making me grin slightly.

I took a step in, shutting the door behind me before walking into the centre of the room.

I looked around seeing it was exactly the same as I'd last seen it.

My eyes glanced over her bed to see her bed sheets disheveled from when she'd left them to go open the door for James.

I growled in anger thinking of that prick's face.

I dropped my duffle bag beside her bed before sitting down on her bed, the mattress dipping down.

My eyebrows furrowed together at the sound of paper crumbling?

I looked down to see I was sitting on the end of the letter I gave her.

I picked it up, holding the thin sheet between my thumb and pointer finger.

The ink of the pen on it was smudged from being wet. I almost broke down right then and there realising it was tear drops that had landed on the paper when she had read it.

I kicked my shoes off, leaning back down on her bed, my head resting back on the comfortable pillow.

I turned on to my side, pulling her plush pillow to my chest, her scent getting stronger.

It took a few hours but I fell asleep. With a tear stained note on my left and an empty side on my right that was meant to be filled by her body.

-

A/N: sorry I haven't updated, I'm still sick as fuck.