67

"I will not let anything take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath
Every hour has come to this"

-

*Emily's Point Of View*

"Don't think about it, just focus on me" He said his hand that was resting on my thigh under the table began to rub up and down my leg comfortingly and slowly.

I ignored the loud chatter and laughter of people around me, taking a deep breath as I took Shawn in.

His beautiful curly locks with some strands falling down his forehead. His beautiful eyes that I could stare into all day, his lazy eye making him all the more adorable. His kissable pink lips that I so desperately wanted to kiss right now.

He was so beautiful in every aspect in every way and it was crazy that I had him. He was mine and I was his. I loved him so much that it was overwhelming.

"Hey... you're crying.. what's wrong?" He asked with worry, his eyebrows furrowing together. He reached his hand up to my face and wiped a tear that had unnoticeably fallen.

"Sorry" I whispered patting my under eye to dry it.

"What's wrong?" He asked his voice still laced with worry.

"I-I'm just overwhelmed by you. You're so amazing and I just love you so much" I said making him smile widely.

"I love you too, if I could kiss you right now I would" he whispered squeezing the inside of my thigh.

"Emily!" I heard a voice behind me cheer making me spin around in my seat to see who was calling for me. I turned to see my Aunt Felissa and Uncle Derrick.

"Oh! Hi!" I said standing up to hug them tightly. The last time I'd seen them was the last time Shawn and I came to Washington.

"How are you darling?" My aunt asked as we began to dip into conversation. I felt Shawn whisper in my ear that he was going to the bathroom before leaving.

"I'm good actually, how have you been?" I asked politely.

"Yea been good, just a night alone for once, Lila is babysitting the kids" Aunt Felissa said making me nod.

"So you and Shawn hey?" She said doing a dance with her eyebrows. My stomach dropped at how she knew.

"W-What? No! No... we aren't like that" I stuttered with an awkward smile.

"Okay okay... but you would look adorable together - just sayin'" She said winking at me. I blushed before shrugging not knowing what to say.

"Anyway I'll see you later honey" she said before hugging me. I said goodbye to both of them before turning to sit down to see Shawn back.

"Sorry" I sheepishly said.

"No worries gorgeous" he said making me blush furiously at how calm and comfortable it was for us to call each other these pet names.

I glanced behind him to see many middle aged and elder couples; one being my parents slow dancing on the dance floor to some random slow song. It was extremely cute and I wished Shawn and I could do that and hopefully one day we could.

"Do you want to dance?" He asked making my head shoot in his direction.

"D-dance?" I asked in confusion.

"Yes... dance" he said as if he said something wrong.

"Don't you think that would be a bit... suspicious" I said as if it was obvious.

"Trust me" he said making me sigh. I grabbed his outstretched hand as he helped me up and lead us to the dance floor where the couples remained dancing.

The random slow song ended and the new melody to the next song began to play making me intake a breath. The piano intro played, making my heart race as 'A thousand years' by Christina Perri began to play instantly reminding me of my twilight obsessed years as a teeny bopper.

He placed his hands lightly on my waist as I wrapped my arms around his neck. We began to sway slowly to the beat as I looked at my parents over his shoulder to see them unfazed of us dancing.

"Why aren't they phased?" I asked curiously as I continued to stare at my parents.

"I asked him for permission to dance with you Em" he said making my eyes meet his for the first time since dancing.

"Y-you did?" I stuttered out at the adorable act. He nodded in response making me smile widely.

I looked into his eyes beginning to get lost in them, everyone surrounding us fading into oblivion. It was just him and I.

It felt as thought time was stood still and we were the only two people that existed in the world right now. And I was totally fine with that.

He reached his left hand up to grasp my right hand and hold it in front of his chest. We continued to sway through the chorus of the song as so many emotions ran through my body.

Overwhelmed was one. But love was another. Completely overwhelmed with love.

He pulled me closer to his chest, feeling his breath in the crook of my neck as I looked up at him, his eyes shut as we danced.

I listened carefully to the song lyrics feeling so much more meaning to them now;

I will be brave
I will not let anything take away
What's standing in front of me

I looked at him my eyes watering as I felt the lyrics on another level. I was not going to let anything take this away. This feeling. This person.

He made me feel something I had never felt before. At first I thought it was just an attachment to him with just wanting him in front of my eyes all the time. But when I felt it all. The feeling of him touching me. The feeling of him kissing me. Speaking to me. Being near me.

I knew it was love.

"I love you" I whispered my eyed beginning to water. His eyes slowly opened as he looked into mine.

"I love you too... so much Emily" he whispered back as the song soon came to an end.

A tear rolled down my cheek but he quickly wiped it away.

"Don't cry... you're too beautiful to cry" he said before placing a hand on my back and leading me back to the table we sat at.

"So when did you ask my dad for permission?" I asked taking a seat.

"Remember when I said I was going to the bathroom" he said with a smirk making me giggle.

-

A/N: boy am I feeling the love