86

"Oh, 'cause they will run you down, down 'til the dark
Yes and they will run you down, down 'til you fall
And they will run you down, down 'til you go
Yeah, so you can't crawl no more"

-

*Shawn's Point Of View*

I finally made it off the crowded plane. I was so used to three months of private planes courtesy of being Emily's bodyguard.

I was back to the annoying seven year old kicking the back of your chair with a chatty couple beside me.

I pushed my Henshaw sunglasses further up my nose. I was excited to see my family after such a long time away from everything. I just needed a hug from my mom.

I turned right, exiting the gate walkway, only to be bombarded by multiple cameras flashing in my face. People coming from every direction shoving microphones, cameras and phones in my face.

"Shawn is it true you slept with your client?"

"Did Mr President fire you?"

I held my hand in front of my face as I held my duffel bag over my shoulder, pushing past the great amount of press.

Drama must've been that dry lately if they've come all the way to Toronto just to follow me around.

I was somewhat used to it after guarding celebrities before.

"Is it true you broke your contract with Mr President to sleep with Emily... Pathetic" I heard someone say, muttering the end.

My head shot up towards the voice hiding behind the camera.

"Fuck off" I hissed shoving the camera out of my face, finally pushing through the crowd to see my mother looking shocked to see me exiting the crowd.

"What's going on? Why are these people following-" , "not now mom. We just need to get out of here" I interrupted grabbing her hand and pulling her outside, successfully loosing the paparazzi.

"What's going on?" She asked placing her hands on her hips as she frowned at me.

"I'll explain everything on the drive home... I promise" I said making her sigh and nod before she lead the way back to the car.

As soon as I threw my duffle bag in the backseat and the doors where now shut my mom instantly began asking multiple questions.

"What is going on Shawn? You don't communicate with me for a week and now your suddenly moving back home? Without Emily? Did you get into a fight?"

"Mom... chill" I said running a hand through my hair before pulling my glasses off. I heard my mom gasp from beside me.

"What?" I asked confused, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"You look terrible Shawn... what's going on?" She asked softly, her eyes staring at me in worry.

"Fuck mom. I fucked up" I said leaning my head back against the car head rest.

She stayed silent, letting me continue.

"Emily and I weren't allowed to be together. I was her bodyguard because she is the Presidents daughter. I signed a contract that Emily and I's relationship would be strictly professional... if not I'd loose my job, my reputation... I could be put in jail" I said making her gasp, her hand instantly covering her mouth.

"We were in bed one night and all of the president's workers barged in and took me out in handcuffs" I said letting out a shaky breath.

"God. Shawn" She said shaking her head as her eyes moved frantically.

"I couldn't communicate with anyone for awake. They put me in lockdown surveillance. They took my keys, phone, wallet. Everything. When they gave my phone back. It was wiped. Everything was gone" I said shaking my head in attempt to not cry.

"That's when I called you" I finished making her sigh softly.

"I'm really sorry darling" she said placing a hand on my knee.

"I know how much you liked Emily" She said making me smile sadly before nodding.

"I loved her mom. I gave her a promise ring" she said as I heard her breath hitch in her throat.

"God... I'm so sorry my boy" she said pulling me into a tight hug.

I missed this. I needed this. I hadn't had a mother's hug in years and it almost made me feel better. There was that split second where everything felt okay. But it came crashing down again once the image of Emily's beautiful face came back to mind.

We pulled away from each other so mom could start the car. She reversed out of the park before driving towards the exit quickly. I glanced back towards the airport to see there was a few camera men and photographers filming our car.

-

I took a step out of the car glancing down at the grass I was standing on. It was exactly where I stood when Emily surprised me back here.

I missed her so much.

I threw my duffle bag over my shoulder as mom wrapped her arm around my waist, walking inside with me.

She knocked on the door, making my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

The door swung open to reveal Aaliyah.

"Shawn!" She squealed making me smile and instantly open my arms. She ran into them quickly, wrapping her arms around my bottom torso, hugging me tightly.

"What're you doing here?" She exclaimed pulling me inside to sit on the couch.

"I'm - uhh - I'm moving back here for a while" I said making Aaliyah's eyes light up before they dulled again and a frown formed on her lips.

"But, what about Emily? Where's Emily?" She asked curiously as I felt my mom's sad stare on the back of my head.

"Um... she's busy at the moment" I said making her eyes drift off before nodding.

"Okay... as long as she comes soon" she said smiling before hugging me tightly.

"Wait!... isn't that Emily?" I heard my mom say making my eyes shoot up at her.

She was staring at the muted television sat up against the wall. She grabbed the remote, quickly in-muting it as I stared at the tv.

There on the screen displayed a photo of Emily. A beautiful photo indeed, instantly putting a smile on my face.

"Breaking News this evening; Emily Rose, the daughter of the President Of the United States has been declared missing. An amber alert has been sent out state wide, soon to be worldwide due to a suspected kidnapping"

The colour instantly rushed from my face and it felt like my heart actually stopped. I stared, wide eyed at the tv, choking on my own breath as more photos of Emily came up on the screen.

"Oh my god..." I heard Aaliyah mumble from beside me.

-

A/N: sorry I haven't been the best updated atm. I'm going through some relationship problems with my boyfriend Rn.