87

"Yeah we're golden, baby girl we're golden
They about to see us shine 'cause we're golden
They can never break us down 'cause we're golden
They about to see us glow 'cause we're golden"

-

*Shawn's Point Of View*

"Oh my god..." I heard Aaliyah mumble.

"Shawn?" I heard my mum say as she shook my shoulder, shaking me out of my trance.

"Fuck!" I shouted placing my head in my hands.

"Shawn what's going on? Where's Emily?" I heard Aaliyah question which only stressed me out more. I didn't know where she was. I didn't know if she was okay.

"Aaliyah... why don't we leave your mother and Shawn to talk" I heard my Dad say. I felt Aaliyah rise and walk past me, patting my shoulder as she walked past.

"Are you okay honey?" I heard my mom ask.

"No... fuck. Mom I was supposed to protect her and make sure nothing happens to her. I promised her I would do that and I failed her. She's missing" I said feeling my face turn red before falling into a fit of sobs.

I heard my mom let out a shaky breath as she stayed silent, her hand rubbing circular motions on my back.

"Can you try call her? M-maybe she'll answer... I don't know" I said looking up at her to only see her frowning.

"I tried... her numbers disconnected" she whispered making me pull on the ends of my hair.

"I have to go back" I mumbled standing up.

"What?" My mom exclaimed standing up, grabbing my wrist.

"I have to go back mom! Who knows what she's going through right now? She could be dead for all I know" I said beginning to break down at the thought of her being dead.

"Okay... I'll drive you to the airport" she said nodding in understandment. She grabbed her keys from the kitchen counter as I grabbed my duffle bag, rushing out the door and into the car.

I furiously bounced my leg up and down as we sped down the streets of Pickering heading towards the Toronto airport.

"Shawn relax sweetie. Your just going to exhaust yourself" she said making me nod and take a deep breath.

Emily. I'm coming.

-

I pushed through the passengers getting angry looks from everyone, even a couple of shouts from people. I didn't give a fuck though.

I had to wait 3 hours at the airport just to get back to Los Angeles as soon as I could. I had probably spent more than 10 hours on a plane in one day, yet I'd still be waking up and going to sleep in the same city.

I rushed down the hallway, through the airport and out towards the taxi rink.

I swung a door open, throwing my duffle bag on the floor before hopping in.

I told him the address, promising the old taxi driver that I'd give him twenty more bucks if he made it in ten minutes. He agreed and we were soon speeding down the streets of Los Angeles in the direction of our - Emily's apartment.