84

"'Cause, I built a home
For you
For me
Until it disappeared
From me
From you"

-

*Emily's Point Of View*

"Emily?" I heard the familiar voice say from the opposite side of the closed door making my head shoot up.

I scrambled up towards my door, swinging the door open and rushing myself into there arms.

"Emily, what's wrong?" Carly said as she wrapped her arms around me.

"I haven't heard from you in a few days then I see that your at Washington? What's up with that?" She asked curiously.

"C-Carly" I cried out pulling away from my arms as I hid my face in my hands.

"Wait- fuck Emily. What's going on?" She asked placing her hands on either shoulder after pulling my hands from my face.

"Oh my god. Emily what's happening?" She said pulling me into her arms after seeing my badly red and swollen face.

I couldn't manage to get any words out through my hysteric cries.

"Where's Shawn?" She said turning around to furiously knock on his door.

"He- He's gone" I managed to get out but she had already swung his door open and let out a loud gasp at the bare empty room.

"Emily... just calm down for me babe. Take some deep breaths" she said coming to my side to rub my back in attempt to soothe me.

I closed my eyes taking in a few deep breaths and exhales. "I-I'm good" I mumbled out.

She placed her hand on my back, leading me towards my bed to sit down. I sat down on my bed, feeling the bed dip down beside me as she took a seat, her arms instantly wrapping around my shoulder as she looked at me in concern.

"Where's Shawn Emily?" She said softly as he arm instantly met the skin on my back, rubbing up and down soothingly.

"He's gone" I mumbled laying lazily against my head board as both of our backs laid against it.

"Gone where?" She asked curiously, a confused tone evident in her voice.

"My dad... h-he found out about us. And he took him away" I whispered running my hands through my hair as I took a shaky breath in.

"Fuck. Emily. Oh my god" she said pulling me in for a tight hug.

"I could see how much you loved each other. Fuck. Why did he do this" she cursed.

"I really miss him" I breathed out feeling my eyes fill up with tears.

"I'm never going to see him again" I added making her shake her head furiously.

"That's not true Emily. We can talk to your dad. I can call Shawn. Come on we have to do something" she said standing up, placing her hands on her hips.

I shrugged. "My mom and I tried to speak to my dad. He's too much of a self-centred prick to realise his daughter is completely broken" I spat out feeling the anger for my father rising to my head again.

"What about calling him?" She said ripping her phone out from her pocket as she began to quickly tap away.

"His numbers disconnected" I said bluntly as I stared at the blank wall.

She held her phone up to her ear as she dialled his number. The familiar self-automated robot could be heard from where I was as her face automatically dropped.

"I-I can't believe this" she said beginning to pace.

"H-he wrote me a letter" I said reaching for the thin piece of paper beside me running my eyes along it.

"He did?" She asked taking a seat at the end of my bed.

I held it out in front of her as I continued to zone out, staring at the blank white wall in front of me.

"Are you sure?" She asked staring at me. I nodded letting the paper falling into her lap.

She let out a deep sigh before picking up the paper and began reading out. As soon as she let out a chuckle I knew she had just read the part about the government facility smelling like shit.

It was quiet for a few minutes until I heard a small sniff and a hiccup. My mind instantly refocused back on what was happening as my eyes shot over to a crying Carly.

"This situation is so fucked up" she spat standing up, beginning to pace.

"You guys are meant to be together! How could your dad do this!" She yelled making my nose begin to run and a lump begin to form in my throat.

"I don't know what to do Carly" I whispered looking down at the piece of paper as a tear ran down my cheek.

"Well... how do you feel? Honestly" she asked sitting back down beside me, reaching over to grab my hand.

I looked up at her, smiling sadly as my vision became blurry from my tear coated eyes.

"I-I don't know. I feel... I don't know?" I began to speak putting my head in my hands.

"I hate this. I don't even know how I'm fucking feeling. I'm not happy, but I don't feel sad. I feel so fucking empty and it hurts so bad Carly. I-I'm not okay. I'm trying to be okay but I can't" I said before beginning to cry.

She pulled me closely to my chest, wrapping her arms around me. "You will be okay. We will get through this together Emily. I'm going to be here for you every step of the way no matter what" she said.

That night Carly slept over in my bed. I was happy she was here so we could talk until late. But when she went to sleep. It got hard. Because I was alone again. Alone with my thoughts.

I tell myself to stop thinking about you. To stop missing you.

But I don't know how to not miss you. Because you've taken up this permanent residence in my heart.

But now it's just a sea of thoughts and memories of you.

-

A/N: shit bouta go down