55

"You're just a small bump unborn, in four months you're brought to life
You might be left with my hair, but you'll have your mother's eyes"

-

*Emily's Point Of View*

"Okay, we'll leave you for 15 minutes while we run some tests" he said with a smile before heading out the room with my small cup filled with urine.

I shuddered at the disgusting thought of him tripping and it spilling everywhere. I don't know what would've been worse, having my urine spilt on the floor or having to pee in a cup again after that.

"You okay?" I heard Shawn ask, taking me out of my trance. I looked at him with a small smile, "yep I'm good" I answered. He placed his hand on my thigh giving me a comforting squeeze before smiling at me comfortingly.

"You know I know it is a scary situation we're in. Very scary... But just think about it. We're bringing a small person to life" he said smiling widely at me.

"You seem too happy about this" I said with a giggle as I watched him smile widely.

"At first I was shocked and scared and confused. I-I didn't really know what to feel. It was all surreal for me. But I want kids with you eventually. I know that for a fact-" he started making me blush furiously and smile widely.

"And if it means having them a bit early then so be it. Some ladies can't even have kids. So let's just not take this as a negative but as an opportunity" he softly said lacing his fingers with mine.

I looked at him in admiration. This guy went from hating my absolute guts to making me fall in love with him in such a short amount of time it was crazy. His words made my heart melt as I stared at him with glossy eyes.

"I'm really glad you're here" I said honestly. I leaned forward and pressed my lips to his softly. He kissed me back, raising his hand up to my cheek before we pulled apart.

Just staring at one another as if we were the only two in the world. I felt like I could go through anything but as long as he was with me then I could get through anything.

We could get through anything.

"It is kind of exciting" I admitted a blush rising to my cheeks as I tucked a thin piece of hair behind my ear.

He pressed his lips to my forehead at my confession.

I felt so happy. I was so so happy. I had the guy of my dreams. Yes there were challenges we had to go through and will have to go through but I know we would get through it.

"I love you" he whispered leaning his forehead against mine.

"And I love you" I replied a small smile rising to my lips.

The door pushed open as the Indian doctor came back with a few sheets of paper staples together.

He analysed it, his eyebrows raised as he read over it. He sat down at his desk before placing the sheets down.

"Is something wrong?" I asked as I looked at his straight face.

What if something was wrong with me? Was something wrong with the baby?

It was strange of how worried I was for this baby and it wasn't even a fetus yet. I couldn't imagine my worry for it at 9 months pregnant.

He began to speak but his mouth only opened and shut as he began to rethink his wording for what he was about to say.

I bit my lip in nervousness.

"So... I'm glad you came here today" he began making me nod wanting him to get on with what he was going to say.

I glanced over at Shawn seeing him sitting there with a confused expression on his face, eyebrows furrowed and all.

"What pregnancy test did you take?" He asked making me rack my brain for the memory of me buying it in the clinic.

"First response I think?" I answered it coming out more like a question instead of an answer.

"Yep, Okay. First response pregnancy tests are some of the cheapest on the market, also being the most unreliable" he started and my face dropped at where he was going with this.

"And I am sorry to say, but you aren't pregnant" he said smiling at me sympathetically as if I was a 30 year old woman that had been trying to get pregnant with my husband for years.

"Oh- uhh. No worries. This was kind of a surprise to us anyway it wasn't planned so I guess that's good" I said with a fake smile on my lips.

Why did that hurt so bad?

I thanked him before Shawn and I headed out with the attached sheets of the false pregnancy.

The wind blew my hair behind my shoulders as we walked back to the car in silence.

I saw the headlights light up as Shawn unlocked it, swinging the door open and hopping in.

I buckled myself up as I waited for Shawn to turn the car on.

I waited a few seconds, becoming confused why the ignition hadn't been heard yet. I looked over seeing Shawn sitting there, hands gripping the steering wheel as he looked out of the windscreen.

"Shawn?" I asked placing my hand on his shoulder.

"I was actually really fucking excited" he whispered making my heart break in two.

I didn't know what to say just keeping my hand rested on his shoulder.

"Me too" I whispered my voice cracking slightly at the end.

His head shot up at the sound of my voice cracking. I placed a hand over my eyes attempting to prevent Shawn from seeing me crying.

My lip trembled as I squeezed my eyes tightly shut.

"It's okay, we're in this together... it fucking sucks but it's just the universe of telling us that now isn't the right time" he said making me let out a shaky breath before looking at him.

"We'll be alright" he whispered reaching his hand behind my head to pull it softly towards him, the feeling of his lips pressing to my forehead soon being felt.

-

A/N: this was kinda cute especially when listening to 'small bump' by Ed sheerannn. OFF TOPIC, but has anyone watched stranger things 3, I was balling at the end!