85

"So we go and find someone
that will love and support us
Says they adore us,
maybe fought for us"

-

*Shawn's Point Of View*

I laid back against the hard couch, slouching in my seat as I stared blankly at the old tv. Some random 80's sitcom was playing but I honestly had no idea what was happening, I was that hammered.

My eyes continuously rolled around to the back of my head as the world felt like it was spinning. I gripped my bitter tasting beer, tossing my head back as I downed the last few gulps.

I winced at the disgusting taste before tossing the bottle onto the table, knocking down the dozen other ones, luckily not smashing any. Not that I'd honestly give a fuck anyway.

I never really liked beer, it was bitter and felt like petrol in my stomach. I was more of a rum and coke kind of guy but at this stage it was the cheapest thing I could get with the minimal cash I had stashed in my back pocket.

I'd been put into a house for a week for 'surveillance'. They took my phone, keys, gun and wallet so there was no way I could do anything. It was fucking torture. I couldn't even call my mom to tell her I was going to come back home.

I hit my palm against my forehead as I was soon reminded that it was Emily's wish for me to go back home to my parents.

God, I would do anything to just ask how she was going and hug her. Because I was a wreck a week in without her. A part of me hoped she was happy and pushing through the pain.

But another part of me also hoped she was as upset as me, knowing I wasn't the only one feeling completely broken.

Emily's dad had found a loop hole in every rule just to put me through my misery. I was allowed out to eat and see my friends for a few hours but he took my phone and wallet. So there was no way for me to contact anyone or buy any food.

I laid down along the couch, leaning my head against the right arm of the couch as I tried to make myself comfortable.

This had to be the smallest couch to ever exist. My feet were perched up on the left arm of the couch as my arm hung off the edge.

I missed being wrapped up in my own sheets with Emily's back to my front. I missed running my nails up and down her arms and back, knowing she was awake as soon as her goosebumps began to rise. I missed brushing her hair with my fingers as we cuddled for hours.

I jumped up in shock as the door swung open, reaching for my side as if my gun that was usually always there was there.

In walked a large man wearing the same uniform with the American flag on its chest. I rolled my eyes slouching back against the couch, kicking my feet up onto the shitty coffee table in front of me.

"Mr President has informed me that you are free to leave and do as you please. He's warned that if you do go in a 2 kilometre radius of Emily and found out you will be placed behind bars for a long time" he said bluntly. He sounded like a fucking robot.

"My keys?... money? Phone?" I asked glaring up at the man. He pulled out keys from his pocket before heading upstairs. I rolled my eyes tapping my foot as I waited.

"Here" He said handing me my wallet, keys, phone and gun. My keys were almost useless because they were the spare keys to Emily's Range Rover.

I shoved my gun into my waist band, pulling my white singlet over it.