75

"I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth
But if it's true, it's you, it's you, they add up to
I'm in love with you
and all these little things"

-

*Emily's Point Of View*

"Holy fuck this is so good" I said as I finished my last bite of the creamy carbonara pasta. I reached over to grab the champagne glass filled with the expensive wine Shawn ordered.

I raised it to my lips taking another sip of the surprisingly good tasting wine. I wasn't a major fan of wine and Shawn so happened to have picked the most delicious tasting one.

"I know this is the best food I've ever had" he said wiping a napkin over his mouth.

"Thank you Shawn" I said smiling sweetly at him. "This is the sweetest thing anyone's ever done for me" I finished as I watched him blush as a smile rose to his mouth.

"You deserve it" he said. Now it was my turn to blush, and I was almost certain that it was as bright as my red lipstick.

"You know I never thought I could fall in love with everything that's happened. I didn't think I deserved it. And then I ran into you... at that Starbucks coffee shop. I've never been more grateful for you thinking I stole your order" he said making me giggle as I continued to listen to him.

"I have never met someone as amazing and caring as you. When we first move to L.A... I wasn't the nicest person to you. I treated you like absolute shit and that has to be my biggest regret" he continued, not dating to break eye contact between us.

That was something Shawn and I always had. We always had the strongest eye contact.

"Slowly you grew on me... more and more I got closer to you and got to know you a lot better. You make me feel things I haven't felt with someone before. You have this nurturing nature about you that makes me so calmed and relaxed" he said taking a small breath of air.

"And- I love you Emily. I love you so much. I love the sound of your voice and the way we touch..." he began, my eyes already glossing over with tears.

"I love your warm smile, and your kind, thoughtful ways. You bring joy to my life every single day..." he continued as a tear fell onto my cheek.

"I have completely and utterly fallen for you. Everything you do, everything you say, Everything you are... You're my first thought in the morning, you're my last thought before I fall asleep, and your almost every thought in between" he said taking in a shaky breath.

"I love you today and I'll love you forever from all of my heart. I want to have a life with you. I want to start a family with you and I want to be the one waiting at the end of the aisle as you walk down it. I'm going to love you in your weakest moments to your strongest ones. I'm going to love you when you're happy and I'm still going to love you when your sad or mad."

"I want to love you... each and every piece of you. I want you with your imperfections as much as I want you for you. And I'm always going to want you, I'm always going to be here loving you with everything. I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere..." he said reaching into his blazer, pulling out a small blue velvet box.

I gasped covering my mouth as tears continuously slid down my cheeks. I wasn't phased at all that I possibly looked like a raccoon right now.

"S-Shawn" I stuttered out not knowing what to say.

"As much as I want to spend the rest of my life with you... I know right now isn't the best time. So I did the next best thing..." he said opening the small box revealing a simple silver ring with a miniature diamond sitting on the band.

I gasped again, my eyes flicking back and forth between the ring and the man I loved with every part of me.

"It's a promise ring..." he said letting out a shaky breath looking down at the open box.

"I-I can't promise you that dark clouds will never hover over our lives or that the future will be filled with rainbows. I can't promise you that tomorrow will be perfect... or that life will be easy" he began, locking our eyes together.

"But- I can promise you my everlasting devotion, my loyalty, my respect, and my unconditional love for a lifetime. I can promise that I'll always be here for you, to listen and to hold your hand, and I'll always- always do my best to make you happy and make you feel loved" he finished looking up at me.

I really wouldn't want to see what he was looking at. Because it would be a mess. There I sat, a sobbing mess with tears streaming down my cheeks as I stared at him.

"W-will you take this promise ring?" He asked looking at the ring and then back up at me.

"Of course I will! Of course" I said, becoming a sobbing mess.

He stood up, bending down to slip the ring onto my shaky finger. My whole hand was shaking. No. My whole body was trembling.

I looked up at him smiling.

"God. I love you so much" I whispered before smashing my lips against his. I felt him smile through the kiss as his hands slid onto my waist lifting me up and twirling me around.

I squealed as I held onto him.

"I love you so much" I repeated leaning my forehead against his.

"I love you too... and all your little things" he sung making me giggle at the one direction reference.

I was happy.

-

A/N: I'm a crying mess. Y'all better listen with this song