52

"They say you don't know what you got
'Til it's too late, I'm already gone
I don't care that you're not here
Won't wipe my eyes, cause there's no tears"

-

*Emily's Point Of View*

"What the fuck is that?" I heard him say sharply.

I looked at him in bewilderment. Was there like rotten food in the bin or something? A wad of cash?

"What?" I questioned as he continued to stare blankly inside the bin. He squeezed his eyes tightly, seeing his jaw clench tightly.

"Why didn't you tell me Emily?" He asked his fists clenching.

"What are you literally talking about?" I asked walking to look at what was so captivating in the bin.

I glanced down, my eyes widening.

I looked back up at Shawn who was already looking up at me.

"I was just double checking! I was feeling sick and took a test in case!" I explained running a hand through my hair.

"What's the big deal?" I asked in confusion, my eyebrows furrowing together as I analysed his annoyed face.

Yeah I suppose I should've told him that I was worried about being pregnant but I didn't think I had to considering I wasn't?

"What's the big deal? Are you fucking kidding me Emily! What you were going to just run away and never tell me!" He shouted his eyes dark with anger. It was scary... very scary but I knew he wouldn't hurt me. Would he? I thought that about Jake as well.

"Run away? What? Why would I run away?" I shouted beginning to angry at his unnecessary yelling.

"Correct me if I'm fucking wrong. But two lines means pregnant" he spat making my eyes scan his face in any reason to why he'd say that.

Two lines? I looked down at the pregnancy test reaching down and picking it up. I held it out glancing at the small screen. The screen that used to have one line now had another line above it.

I gasped dropping it back inside the bin. I felt all colour leave my face, my heart beat instantly picking up. I felt my palms become sweaty and a ball of anxiety began brewing in my stomach.

"Don't act like you didn't know Emily" Shawn said glaring at me. Right now I was in shock, complete and utter shock. I felt like I could throw up any second now.

I backed into the kitchen stool lifting myself up to sit on it. My eyes continued to stare at the floor before looking up at a confused and angry Shawn.

"I-I didn't know. I-I swear" I stuttered out beginning to cry. I covered my face with my hands and began to sob loudly into them.

"What do you mean you didn't know Em?" Shawn spoke calmly walking beside me to rub my back.

"It was o-only one line b-before. I promise" I sobbed feeling the tears trickle down my cheeks. I've never cried this much in such a short amount of time. Tears wouldn't stop flooding down my face.

Fear and confusion were the highest emotions running through my body.

What would my parents say?

What was Shawn going to do?

Would I keep it? What were my options?

"It's mine... right?" He asked.

I sucked in a shaky breath and looked up at him in pure... disgust?

"Are you fucking kidding me? I was basically a virgin. The last time I had sex was two years ago! I didn't go fuck around!" I shouted shoving my finger into his chest.

It was weird just minutes ago I was crying whilst he yelled at me now it was the opposite way now. Shawn's eyes were glassy and covered over with tears.

"I... I can't believe you would even think that" I spat pushing past him and running to my room. I slammed the door behind me, making sure to lock it.

I grabbed my phone, dialling Carly as soon as I could. The ringer repeated bluntly in my ear as I waited for her comforting voice.

"Hey Em. What's up?" She asked cheerfully.

"C-Carly-" I sobbed through the phone making her phone rustle loudly.

"Em, what's going on?" She said sharply with worry in her voice.

"Please come" I cried out.

"I'm on my way. I'm coming. I'll be 10 minutes. Did you want me to stay on the phone with you?" She said sweetly.

"No it's okay. J-just please hurry" I managed to get out.

"Okay. I love you Em. I'll see you soon" she said before reluctantly hanging up the phone.

I threw my phone onto the bed before sitting down on my desk chair.

"Emily!" I heard Shawn shout as he banged on my door.

"Let me in! We need to talk" He said wiggling the door knob furiously.

I continued to stay silent as I sat lazily on my chair, my eyes glassed over with tears.

"Please baby" he said lowly, enough for me to hear from inside my room.

I shook my head before heading into my bathroom. I turned the faucet on letting the water rush down into the sink. I held my hands under neath splashing my face with the water.

I instantly felt a bit fresher and better.

"Em? Want to let me in?" I heard Carly call out from the hall. I turned the faucet before heading back to my room. I flicked the lock and pulled the door open to see my best friend standing there with a worried look on her face.

"Em..." she whispered at the sight of my teary face and red nose.

She pulled me into a hug, my tears instantly began to flood down my face again.

You know when you get hurt and you put on a brave front even though your dying inside. And that one person asks you if your okay or just hugs and comforts you, they make your walls breaks and unleash the floods. That was this situation.

"Come on let's go inside" she said pulling me up to look at her. I glanced behind her to see Shawn leaning against his door frame, his head leaning against the plaster.

His eyes were blood shot with a matching red nose like mine.

I nodded slowly as she followed me into my room, locking the door behind her.

"What's going on Em?"

-

A/N: OKAY BUT I WANT A BEST FRIEND LIKE CARLY!! :(