30

"Show me what
I need to know
You got something about
the way you move"

-

*Shawn's Point Of View*

I quickly pressed snooze on my alarm that was now playing from my phone.

5:00am

It was Em's birthday today and her mom and I had planned to through her a surprise party. Her mum said she wasn't fond of birthday parties and I'm hoping I could change that.

It's hard to not want to take over and plan every detail to perfection. But I couldn't do that. I was only Emily's body guard and friend.

I mean I guess we were friends. But not at the same time. We were more than friends just unofficially.

I slid out of bed, resting the covers over her small frame before slipping out of her room.

I walked into my room, quickly freshening up with a shower. I changed into a grey T-shirt and some black jeans, slipping on some black vans.

I slipped out of the room quietly, hitting call on her mom's contact.

"Hi Shawn! I've just landed" her mom's cheery voice blared through the phone.

"Okay Katherine, I'm just about to leave now. So I'll be there in about 10 minutes" I replied.

"Okay honey, drive safe. Emily hasn't woken up yet has she?" Her mom asked as I walked into the elevator, pressing ground floor.

"No I checked on her before I left. Sound asleep" I answered feeling guilty for lying. I mean I wasn't lying she was asleep. Just I woke up with her and she was asleep not in seperate rooms.

"Her extreme amount of sleep is coming in use for once... Anyway I'll see you when your here. Bye!" She happily said before hanging up.

I put my phone in my pocket and made my way out to the car sitting down in the drivers seat. I turned the key starting the ignition and beginning my drive to the airport.

-

I walked into the airport gating area looking around for Emily's mom.

"Shawn!" I heard someone yell making me glance at a lady walking towards me with two bigger men around her.

She engulfed me in her arms before letting me greet her guards as I shook hands with them.

"Okay I've got a cake being delivered to the apartment at 6:00pm tonight and all the decorations will be there in about 2 hours" she said making me nod as I led her to my car.

Everyone jumped in, Emily's mom sitting in the front seat as we continued to talk about the surprise party tonight.

"So I need you to get her out of the apartment from about 7:00am to 6:00pm if that's okay? Take her out for breakfast, go shopping, do not let her near Carly because that girl can not keep a secret for more than 2 seconds" she said with a chuckle.

"Okay will do" I said nodding at her as she smiled happily.

"I'm so glad I get to see her again. I know her father and her don't get along very well anymore and I want her to know that I still love her and miss her" she said bouncing her knee slightly.

I frowned in confusion. Emily never told me that she and her dad were in a bit of a bad stage right now.

"Yea I'm sure you would miss her. She's been pretty good though" I replied trying not to give anything away.