54

"Oh, I've been dazed and confused
From the day I met you
Yeah, I lost my head
And I'd do it again"

-

*Emily's Point Of View*

It had been about two days since Shawn and I found out I was pregnant. I didn't feel any different. Aren't I supposed to be having morning sickness or something?

I laid on my bed, facing the ceiling as I stared at the blank plaster.

"Whatcha thinking about?" Shawn's voice popped in making me look towards the door way where he leaned.

"Just being pregnant and all" I said looking back up at the ceiling. I heard the patter of his footsteps come closer to me until I felt him lay beside me.

"Aren't I suppose to have like... morning sickness?" I asked not really understanding this whole pregnancy thing. And so I shouldn't - I'm twenty years old for gods sake.

"I'm not sure, I've never dealt with this before" he said his hand grasping mine as we both continued to lay beside one another, staring up at the ceiling.

"Maybe we should go to the doctors?" He asked. I turned to face him my ear now against the pillow.

"Hmm... I guess so" I said with a shrug as he turned to face me as well.

"God we're so clueless at this" he said with a chuckle. "I know" I whined making him laugh and pull me against his chest.

I nuzzled my neck into his chest avoiding the outside world. It was just him and I and I wished it could always be like that.

"C'mon lets go" he whispered pecking my head. "Go where?" I asked in confusion.

"The doctors?" He said as if it was obvious. "Oh.. n-now?" I stuttered out in nervousness.

"Yeah, come on it'll be fine. I'll be with you the whole time" he said, somewhat calming my nerves down.

I reluctantly stood up and headed for my closet. I grabbed a pair of washed out denim jeans and a baggy black hoodie before throwing my hair into a ponytail. I slid my old school vans on before heading out to the lounge room.

I walked down the hall to see Shawn waiting for me sitting on the couch as he typed on his phone.

Once he noticed my presence he smiled and we began to head downstairs.

-

"Shawn I'm nervous" I whispered biting down on my lip harshly. We were now parked at the front of the medical centre.

"Don't be. It's just a check up" he assured but I was still scrambled in nerves. I nodded before pushing my door open and hopping out. Shawn hopped out with me and we headed into the medical centre.

I headed up to the front counter as Shawn took a seat in one of the many filled waiting seats.

"Hi how can I help you?" An older woman asked.

"Hi, I was wondering if I could book an appointment please?" I asked hoping I was drawing any attention to myself.

"Yep, I'll just get you to fill this form out and once you hand it back to the counter we can arrange a doctor for your preferred needs" she said making me smile. I grabbed the clipboard and pen from her hands and headed over to the empty seat beside Shawn.

I began to fill out the basic details; Name, address, any allergies before writing down why I was here. I simply wrote; pregnancy support.

I headed back up to the counter and handed the form back over the same lady. She scanned over it and I felt when she was looking back up at me to smile she was judging me.

I quickly rushed back to my seat.

"Why do you look stressed?" Shawn asked looking at me in confusion.

"As soon as the lady saw why I was here I could feel her judging me" I said sinking deeper into my seat.

"Em... girls that are sixteen have probably came here 9 months pregnant. It's okay" he said comfortingly. I smiled trying to reassure myself.

It hadn't exactly fully hit yet that I was going to be a mom and Shawn was the dad. That I was going to be giving birth to a human being. I knew that after this appointment, It would be different.

"Emily Rose?" I heard a male voice call out. I glanced up to see an older Indian man wearing a stethoscope around his neck. I smiled nervously at him as Shawn and I followed him down the hall and into a smaller room. It had a medical bed, two chairs and a desk for him. It was also filled with draws and draws of medical supplies.

"So I see you put pregnancy support down" He said clasping his hands together.

"Uh- Yes. Um- I took a pregnancy test the other day and it came up positive. We aren't really knowledgeable in this kind of area so I was hoping you could help us out?" I managed to get out.

He nodded before grabbing a small package looking thing out of a nearby draw. It was a plastic ziplock bag filled with a small cup, gloves, a wipe and a bunch of dry wipes.

"I'm going to have to firstly do a urine test to confirm the pregnancy so you'll have to pee in this and we can do the urine test straight away" he said handing the package over to me.

My jaw managed to gape open slightly as I stared up at him as if he was joking. Pee in a cup? Looking at his unamused face I was coming to realise he wasn't joking. I gulped and nodded as he gave me the directions to the bathroom.

I headed straight across the hall into a unisex toilet cubicle, locking the toilet door behind me.

I sighed and felt my cheeks tint in embarrassment. No one was watching me, but this was such an embarrassing thing for me. I'm going to just hind him a small cup of my urine?

I let out a breath before beginning to unzip my jeans.

-

A/N: I kinda hate filled chapters, I always don't know what to write and hate it BUT I PROMISE IT'LL GET BETTER!