58

"'Cause there's no one like you
No one like you
No one like you"

-

*Emily's Point Of View*

It was just a few minutes before 4:00pm and I was just finishing off the last few touches off my outfit. I put on my other gold earring before glancing over my appearance in the mirror.

I was wearing a yellow flowy mini dress. I had my white converse on and very minimal natural makeup. I quickly did a coat of mascara when I heard a knock on my door.

I quickly shut the mascara tube, throwing it into my makeup bag before opening my door. I quickly turned around to grab my denim jacket before spinning back to face the door.

I smiled, biting my lip nervously as I watched him lean against the door frame with a genuine smile. I ran my eyes along his basic but adorable outfit. He had on some black jeans with a white shirt that was underneath an unbuttoned khaki shirt.

"You look gorgeous as always" he complimented grabbing my hand and bringing it to his face to leave a kiss against my skin.

I didn't break our eye contact as a blush rose to my cheeks.

"So where are we off to?" I asked curiously as he laced our fingers and began to walk down the hall and out of our apartment.

"It's a secret I told you" he said pressing the elevator button before grabbing my waist and pulling my body close to his, his nose pressed against mine.

His lips quickly pressed against mine before we entered the elevator. That was enough for my body to ignite with electricity. God this boy does something to my body.

He made my stomach jump whenever he was near me, spoke to me or touched me.

Our fingers separated as we began to make our way through the somewhat crowded lobby. There was only a small group in the corner but it was usually empty so this was crowded.

We made our way to the car, Shawn of course opening the door for me.

"Why thank you" I thanked him as I set my self comfortably in the seat. Shawn shut the door before walking around the corner and sitting in the drivers seat.

We buckled our seatbelts up as the car engine roared to life and we began our drive. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he began to head in the complete opposite direction of the city.

He reached his hand over the glove box, lacing our fingers as we continued our drive in the outskirts of Los Angeles. I bit my lip in nervousness as the houses became more and more spread out until they were kilometres apart due to them being large farms. We were now surrounded by what looked like the country side.

He suddenly pulled left onto a bumpy gravel track, nothing this car couldn't handle.

"Okay you've worn this a few times so I'm sure you know what to do" Shawn said before pulling out a black blind fold.

My mouth dropped open and I looked at him in shock, "seriously Shawn?" I whined. "Yes put it on we're almost there" he said throwing it into my lap with a chuckle.

I groaned before placing it over my head and on top of my eyes. "You could be taking me somewhere and killing me for all I know?" I joked. If I hadn't have heard him chuckle beside me then I would've thought he actually was about to murder me.

Five minutes went past and I was beginning to get sick of this blindfold and more and more curious to where we were. Suddenly the car came to an abrupt holt and the engine was turned off.

I heard Shawn's door open and shut as I was enveloped in silence.

"Shawn?" I asked thinking maybe he was still in the car but there was no response. My door swung open before I felt a hand unbuckle my seatbelt.

"Okay don't take your blindfold off yet... it's just a two minute walk" he said before shutting my door and locking the car. I felt his hand slide into mine as he began to lead me forward.

I recognised the soft material beneath my shoes as grass creating more and more ideas in my head.

Wherever we were walking it began to get steeper making me stumble slightly.

"I'm giving you a piggy back ride" he said stopping me from going any further. He grabbed my hands and made them wrap around his neck before hoisting my legs up as I wrapped them around his waist.

I laughed the rest of the walk as he bounced me on his back.

"Okay we're here... just wait one second" I heard him say before I heard rustling and what sounded like was water being poured into a jug.

"Shawn hurry" I complained my foot tapping impatiently.

"Okay you can take it off now" he said making me rip the blindfold off of my head and away from my eyes.

I had to blink a few times to get used to the bright view. I gasped as I saw the sun setting in the far distance as we were surrounded by multiple hills and a farm in the very distance. The sky was a bright orange as the sun was only beginning to set.

My eyes trailed back to Shawn who was sitting on a pleated red rug. There was a picnic basket laying on top of it with a bunch of food surrounding it. The sound of water being poured into a jug must've been the orange juice going into a glass.

"Shawn" I gasped out as my hands instantly covered my mouth. "It's beautiful.. all of it" I said as he got up and stood in front of me.

"Thank you! This is lovely" I whispered in his ears as I gave him a deathly tight hug.

"Anything for you" He said before pulling me towards the picnic rug.

Everything felt perfect in this very moment, I was in a spectacular spot surrounded by small sunflowers and soft grass with a spectacular view. The sun was further behind the hill, the sky turning a bright pink and purple now.

Everything was perfect because of Shawn.

"There is absolutely no one like you Shawn Mendes" I whispered with a smile as I sipped on my juice.

-

A/N: SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED RECENTLY BUT I HAVE A REASON!! It was my 18th birthday and because I live in Australia I was obviously going to go clubbing. I'm so sorry but I hope ya'll understand!!