93

"I've been holding on to hope
That you'll come back when you can find some peace
'Cause every word that I've heard spoken
Since you left feels like a hollow street"

-

*Emily's Point Of View*

There I lay limply.

Staring simply at the ceiling as my hands were still tied above my head, the circulation completely cut off from the rest off my body.

He had some decency to throw my top and shorts over my body, somewhat covering myself from anyone that walked in.

That only possibly being Jake, Rhylee or James.

I had given up any and all hope that anyone was coming to save me.

My dad really didn't care about me. I always thought he didn't but deep down I thought the dad I had when I was fourteen was still there. I guess not.

I thought Shawn would've been here by now. I finally accepted that he wasn't coming. Why would he come? He wanted me to move on, he wouldn't care.

No one cared.

I didn't care. I didn't care anymore.

Jake could do that to me a hundred more times and I wouldn't care. The only care I'd have is for my wish to be fucking dead.

I felt pain and anger and sadness on the first few days. But now I was just empty and numb. Completely numb to every punch. Every slap and yank of the hair. Every emotion and every touch.

I still hadn't eaten. They had some sympathy for me by letting me have some water. But that was a day ago.

I continuously fell in and out of consciousness and at this moment I didn't know the reason why.

Could it have been from starvation?

From being punched in the face so many times?

From being raped by my abusive ex-boyfriend?

Or the intense numbing pain I gained knowing no one actually gave a fuck.

No one gave a fuck.

-

*Shawn's Point Of View*

"We have a lead on Emily"

I stared at Carl in disbelief. After days of getting nothing but radio silence and unknowingness from everyone, we finally had something.

I didn't care if it was a piece of her hair or a potential witness. It was something.

"What is it?" I quickly said grabbing my gun, slipping my shoes on and locking my door as we rushed down the hallway towards the elevator.

"We've had security footage of James leaving a grocery store on the outskirts of the city..." he started as he pressed the ground floor button of the elevator.

"That lead to dash cam footage seen of him driving to an outskirt farm" he finished rushing out the elevator doors that quickly opened.

I jogged beside him, ignoring the strange stares of nearby residents.

He headed towards the familiar looking car with the words 'police' plastered all over it with red, blue and white splashed around on it.

I swung the passenger door in, quickly hopping in and slamming the door. Almost instantly we were racing down the streets of Los Angeles with a loud siren blaring around us.