Chapter 64- Dinner with Lianne

As much as I wanted to crawl into bed and hibernate until it was time to give birth, we had to prepare for Lianne and Brian coming over for dinner. I headed to the kitchen and began to chop up some vegetables and prepare the chicken. I was cooking baked chicken breast and pasta with some rice. After I finished, I took a shower to clear my head before getting ready. I put on a pair of maternity black jeans with a tight white top. I checked the time and realized they would be here in ten minutes.

"Luis!" I called out.

"Coming!" He shouted back as he walked upstairs into our room.

"Brian and Lianne are going to be here in ten minutes. You need to get ready." I said to him.

"Ugh. Why did we invite them again?" He asked all annoyed.

"Well, let's start with the fact that she's your sister. Plus, it was your bright idea to be mad at her and not tell her we were having a baby!" I reminded.

"I have another bright idea." He said, as he placed his hands on my lips and began to kiss me passionately. I broke away from his kiss.

"As much as I want to have sex tonight, we literally can't." I said.

"C'mon! Ten minutes is plenty of time." He said as he began to kiss neck.

"No, Luis I-" The pleasure was so good, I couldn't even finish my sentence. The more we were kissing and playing around, the easier it was for me to cave in. Just then the door bell rang.

"The one time my sister decides to come early." He muttered under his breath, which caused me to laugh. I then kissed him on the lips.

"We can finish this later. Now get ready." I said as I was about to leave, but then I stopped. "And behave yourself tonight." I warned as I headed downstairs and opened the front door.

"Hey girl!" Lianne greeted as she hugged me. "I brought both wine and apple cider. For you of course." She said as she handed me both. Behind her was Brian, who gave me a hug as well. "Where's Luis?" She asked.

"Oh, he's upstairs, he'll be right down in a second. But please, sit and make yourselves comfortable." I said as they sat on the couch.

"By the way, what's that on your neck?" She asked me, which caused my eyes to widen. I felt my neck and felt it. Did Luis really give me a hickey?!

"Hello everyone." Luis said as he walked down the stairs to greet everyone. "Hi my sister." He said as he hugged Lianne. He then looked at Brian. My heart was beating fast, as I hoped Luis wasn't going to do anything stupid. "Hello Brian." He said as he put his hand out.

"Luis." Brian responded and they shook one another's hands. I sighed a sigh of relief. I quickly finished setting up the table and invited everyone over to eat.

As we ate, there was this awkward silence. I lightly kicked Luis from underneath the table, and gestured that he make small talk. He nodded.

"So, how's planning the wedding been?" He asked.

"Good! We're excited that it's happening in just three months." Lianne said.

"Ah, you're still planning to get married in Italy?" Luis asked and Lianne nodded. "You two are planning to get married when you know it's virtually impossible for me and Nicole to make it." Luis said in a passive aggressive tone. My eyes widened and I kicked him a little harder.

"Look, we're aware of that. We tried to get a different venue but they were booked all of this year. We were lucky to get one for this year." She said.

"Here's an idea. Why don't you two get married next year and get to know one another a little more. Or even a better idea, don't get marrie-" I cut him off.