Chapter 47- Sex, Sex, and More Sex

Lol this chapter kinda turned PG-13. Oops. 

Every night for the past two weeks, it was hardcore, amazing, headboard rocking sex. I hadn't touched my birth control for around twelve days, and it was the week I was ovulating. Every night, I would get home from work, around an hour before Luis and freshen up, before coming downstairs and sitting on our couch either in sexy lingerie, or sometimes, just in my robe. Luis would see me and rush over to me, passionately kissing me as he picked me up and rushed into our bedroom.

When I told Kayla we were trying for a baby, she squealed over the phone. "Congratulations!" She said.

"Why are you congratulating me? I'm not even pregnant." I said.

"No I'm congratulating you because these next few weeks are going to make you and Luis hate sex." She said.

"What? Isn't it a one time thing?" I asked.

"You naive virgin! After months on birth control, you can't just have one night of unprotected sex to get pregnant." She said. 

"Um, that's kinda how sex works. Unprotected sex once, poof you have a baby." I said. 

 "You also have to consider, ovulation. It took Eddie and I months to get pregnant with our second child- well children." She said.

"Months?" I asked in disbelief. I then began to imagine months of boring, sweaty sex. I sighed.

"Well every woman is different." She said, sensing my dismay.

But it was taking a while. By the third week, Luis didn't even want sex and would purposely come home late to avoid it. By the fourth week, I had gotten my period. Luis seemed disappointed that I wasn't pregnant yet, but happy because that meant a week without sex.

"Are you getting tired of sex?" He asked me. I nodded.

"Yes. Who knew trying for a baby would be this hard?" I asked.

"Well, we can try at it again a couple days from now." Luis suggested, but I could tell he didn't want to.

"Aren't men supposed to want sex?" I asked.

"Not every night though! Imagine eating the same piece of cake every day for a month. Wouldn't you get tired of it?" He asked.

"So.. You're saying your tired of me?" I asked.

"Babe, you and I both know I didn't say that." He said, as he turned to me.

"Really? It sounds like you want another woman, since you're so tired of me." I said.

"Jeez, it's like you're already pregnant with you being so sensitive." He said.

"I'm not sensitive!" I exclaimed. "And, I'm not pregnant either!" I added. "Just forget it." I said.

Test after test it was negative. It began to discourage me. Who knew trying for a kid would be this troublesome? Tears rolled down my cheeks and splashed onto the bed sheets. I wiped them away and sniffled.

"Are you crying?" Luis asked, trying to see my face.

"No." I lied, my voice breaking. "Yes." I admited.

"What's wrong?" He asked concerned.

"It's so frustrating that I'm not pregnant yet, after we've been trying for so long. It's like I can't do anything right." I said.

"Babe, don't say that." He said as he rubbed my back. "It's a process, and it may take some time. But, when you do get pregnant, it'll be worth it." He said.