Chapter 52- I'm Late

I woke up with a bad stomach ache. I moaned in pain, rolling around the bed. Luis wasn't in bed. I tried getting up, but a shooting pain made me lay back down. What did I eat last night? Why did my stomach feel like this? My eyes widened and I rushed to our bathroom, one hand on my stomach, the other on my mouth. I barely made it. I flushed the toilet and wiped my face and brushed my teeth. I then heard a knock on the door. "Babe?" Luis' voice.

"Just a second sweetie." I called out. I sprayed some air freshener in the bathroom and walked out to a smell.

"I made us breakfast... It was supposed to be in bed, but you're not in bed... Are you alright?" He asked me.

"Yeah, never better." I lied, as I sat on the bed. The smell of eggs and toast made me nauseous, but I tried my very best to seem grateful. "This... looks delicious." I said.

"Thank you. But not as delicious as you." He said as he began kissing my neck. I brushed him off. "What's wrong? You wanted me last night, all of me." He said.

"Yeah, that was...." I swallowed what I hoped was spit. "Yesterday. Now, I'm not in the mood." I said.

"Yikes, okay." He said, as he passed my plate of a delicious looking omelette with whole wheat toast. He began to eat. I only stared at the food. "What's wrong? Aren't you hungry?" He asked me.

I paused. Before I could even get a word out, I felt that same gut feeling that I needed to be sick. I rushed out the bed, knocking my omelette off the bed and onto the floor before getting to the bathroom. I knelt down by the toilet.

"Jeez, are you okay?!" Luis asked me concerned, as he watched me.

"I'm not pregnant if that's what you're thinking." I reassured.

"I wasn't." He said. "But, I'm curious how you're so certain." He said. I wiped my mouth again.

"Um, unless I got pregnant last night. I haven't had sex in nearly five weeks. And, I'm on the..." I paused.

"The pill, you're on the pill." Luis finished my sentence. I flushed the toilet, and used the sink counter as a way to support myself. Luis noticed and held me. "Let's get you to bed." He instructed. I agreed, and we walked to bed together and he tucked me in.

"Sorry about the omelette." I apologized.

"Don't worry about it. I'll go to the store and buy you some ginger ale." He said, as he kissed my forehead. After he left, I started to think when the last I got my period. I started getting nervous. When did I get my period? It was literally impossible for me to be pregnant. After a while, I felt so much better. I was able to get up without any pain and walk around. I cleaned up the omelette and broken plate. I tried to avoid the thought that I may be pregnant. Then suddenly, I got extremely hungry. I went downstairs and instantly wanted sardines. Why did I want sardines? 

I called up Luis. "Are you alright what's wrong?" He asked me.

"Where are you?" I asked.

"In the check out line." He answered.

"Okay good, you haven't left. I need you to pick up some things." I said to him. "Cookies, ruffled sour cream chips, pickles, and sardines." I said to him.

"Pickles and sardines? Babe, you have a stomach ache don't you?" He asked.

"Please." I begged. 

"Um, okay." He said, before hanging up. Now, all I had to do was wait. I noticed that my luggage was still downstairs. I rolled it up to the stairs and tried lifting it up. It was so heavy, my back was hurting. When I made it up the stairs, I was out of breath, panting for air. After a moment, I wheeled it into our room and began sorting out the clothes. As I the suitcase, I gasped. I had brought a box of tampons with me to New York, and hadn't used one. So, I was late. I began freaking out, on the verge of tears. No way I was pregnant.