Chapter 6

"You're marrying Luis Jones?!" Was the first thing I heard as I got in the school. I looked to see a girl I hadn't even seen in my life come up to ask me. I nodded a yes before going down the hallway.

"Could you get me tickets to his next concert?" Another girl asked. I kept walking, it was cool having people come up to you like royalty, whispering, waving. They were just like the paparazzi.

Kayla approached me with her overly happy self. "So, I saw you on tv last night! You were looking perfect!" She giggled as I put in my combination.

"Yeah, the food was so good. And he popped the question. Look at the ring." I show it off as people stop to look at it.

"Wow, that's amazing, look at the size of that rock!" She exclaimed. "We've gotta hang out today.

Sorry, I''ve got a fitting today, after school." I said.

"I totally need to come!" Kayla said with a smile.

"He's not going to be there. But I can't wait either because I can pick out a wedding dress." I said, but a little too loud.

"Wow, you're really getting married?" I heard a voice and I turned around. Elizabeth Torres gave me a dirty look.

"Yup, just to save you time, your invite isn't lost in the mail, so don't go looking for it." I said before slamming my locker and walking off.

"She's a wannabe. Ignore her." Kayla said, rolling her eyes. "Anyways, guess who asked me out! Nevermind I'll just tell you! Mark!" She said with a smile.

"Since when?" I asked. She had a crush on Mark for months, she was beautiful but always said stupid things at the wrong times.

"Two days ago, he's really sweet. We're hanging out after school, wanna come?" She asked, always so forgetful.

"The fitting's afterschool. Beside I don't have a guy to-"

"Luis, hellooo?" Guess I'm forgetful too.

I walked into Mrs. Figgs class, taking my assigned seat, in the back.

"That is why, Pearl Harbor was such a great impact on history. Read the next section, you may work with a partner." I looked around, trying to pick a partner.

"Hey girlfriend!" I didn't know she was even talking to me. She never talked to me. "Nikki! We tots need to work together!" I looked to see Jasmine coming with her textbook and a chair. Jasmine was a cheerleader, and the biggest gossiper in the school. I shrugged my shoulders, as she took a seat.

"So, how'd you two meet?" She abruptly asked. I dropped my pencil, and looked at her.

"That's not in the textbook." I joked, as she fakely giggled at me.

"Oh c'mon, it's only a question, we are ahead of everyone." She laughed again as she tapped her pencil on the metal desk.

"Well, we met at-"

"You know, we should hang out sometime. You and me tomorrow at your house." She giggled again, blinking her eyes that I knew were not that color.

"Sorry, I'm busy tomorrow." I lied. "And since when did you want to come over?" I eyed her, but she did that annoying laugh again.

"Ever since we began working together! Look, why don't you text me?!" She pulled out her phone.

"Um, sorry, my phone broke." I lied as I pretended to be more interested on the history of World War 2.

"Silly, you could just gimme Luis's number! I've already got the area code."

"Don't know it by heart. Whoops." I say, never taking me eyes off of the paragraph.