Chapter 39

(Hailey's POV) REMINDER HAILEY IS LUIS'S SNOBBY GIRLFIREND!!!

I angrily unplugged the radio in my hotel room. "He can't be in love with that girl! Look at me, and then look at her! Downgrade much!?" My friend Amanda walked in. 

"Don't tell me you were listening to yesterday's radio interview with Luis Jones. It's not good to be hung over on an ex." She said. Amanda doesn't know about this whole arrangement we have. 

"I'm not hung over him. It's not my fault his stupid song is played a bazillion times on the radio!" I exclaimed. "Besides, I know that song, Love Forever You, is about me." I snobbishly said, pouting my lip.

"Sweetheart, the song is Loving You Forever. And hate to break it to you, but I don't think it's about you. I really do think he's in love with that wife of his. He's even throwing her an eighteenth birthday party! Maybe, he's over you and you should be too." Amanda suggested.

"Enough Amanda! I will b-wait what did you just say?" 

"He's throwing an eighteenth birthday party this week for his wife? I got an e-invite. Here." She said as she pulled it up on her phone. I saw it with my own eyes.

Nicole Jones's 18th Birthday! December 27, 2017 @8:30.

That girl's stupid eighteenth birthday will be the last day she'll be married to him. Finally! And Luis Jones will be all mine! But, by the looks of it, Luis may already be in love with her. Unless I have something to do with it.

"You're not thinking of going are you?! See, I knew you weren't over him!" Amanda exclaimed.

"Shut up!" I yelled back. "I would never go to such a tacky party. But, what if Mr. Jones couldn't go?"

"Your movie premiere, Winter Paradise is the 26th. That's when your big after party is. Isn't Luis coming to that?" Amanda asked.

"Well, wouldn't it be unfortunate if the date was pushed a day ahead?" I asked, cunningly. 

***

I banged on the front door of my man's house. "Open up sweetheart!" I said in a sweet voice. The door finally opened, and out came the man stealer, Nicole. 

"It's eight am. What are you doing here?" She asked, looking like the tired toad she was. She looked as if she just crawled out of bed to answer the door. Disgusting! 

"That is none of your business! Now move." I said bumping her aside and walking upstairs.

"He's sleeping." She replied. 

"How do you know that? Don't tell me you were in the bed with him?!" I exclaimed. This has gone too far! I need to get my man, before this girl steals him from me.

"No, but he just came home a few hours ago. He was out celebrating his new single being number 1. Which reminds me, you didn't even congratulate him!" She said as I headed up the stairs. I walked into his room, and threw off the sheets. 

"Huh?" He asked, all groggy from being awoken. "Hailey? What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Oh baby. How are you sweetheart?" I asked, rubbing his chest. 

"I'm fine. Just exhausted. Is something wrong?" He asked.

"Yes! The date for my movie premiere!" I exclaimed.

"What about it? It's on the 26th right?" He asked.

"Wrong! It had to be moved because of some scheduling mix-up, so it's the 27th." I lied. By scheduling mix-up, I meant begging my manager to change the date. I was the star of the movie anyway, and I was hosting the after party after all.