Chapter 42- Midnight

"I'm not in the mood to party, could you tell everyone to just go?" I asked Kayla and Lianne. In fact, half of the party was already gone, they were trying to crash Hailey's party across town. I sat on the toilet in the bathroom stall, mascara running down my cheek, my makeup ruined, and my hair in a messy bun. "I just want this night to be over." I said. The big bad ugly thing happened. Hailey and Luis were going to marry and have kids, and I would be left without anything. What was going to be a fun night, ended in despair. My love was gone.

I had just gotten off my phone, seeing TMZ pictures of Hailey's engagement ring all over my timeline. It's obviously Luis who popped the question. Guess he really didn't love me, since he can propose just one day after I moved out. With my wedding ring?

"Did we at least make any money?" I asked, hopeful.

"No. Just fifty dollars. I guess people thought they shouldn't bring a gift because you're all rich and famous." Kayla said. I sighed in the bathroom, covering my face in my hands. 

"Well, let's not try to end the night on a bad note, okay?" Lianne said, optimistically. I sighed.

"This night was already on a bad note to begin with! This night is the worst night of my life! My birthday party is ruined, and Luis.. Luis has moved on." I should be happy, but I wasn't. I was devastated. "Plus, I was going to use that money to..." My words trailed off. I wanted that money to get away from Hollywood, maybe go to Germany or Dubai. With just fifty dollars, I couldn't even stay in a hotel. 

"Okay, that's it!" Kayla started. "Forget Luis, forget this party, it still is your special day. Well, in the next 17 minutes that is! It's your day to celebrate, go out with a bang! You're 18, you have your whole life ahead of you! Go out and sleep with someone, have a drink, and you don't need to be tied down and married!" Kayla chanted. "Me, Lianne, and Eddie are here for you, we are your family. Even after 17 minutes from now, we will always be there for you." She said excitedly. I wiped my nose before opening the bathroom stall and hugging my best friend. 

"You're right. You are my family." I said hugging her even more tightly. "I do have now 16 minutes to enjoy myself, let me celebrate it with you guys. And then, we can leave." I suggested.

"To where?" Lianne asked.

"Anywhere." I said. "I do have Luis' card, we could maybe fly to New York." I suggested.

"Really?!" Kayla squealed. "Wait, can it be the Bahamas? And can we do it via private jet?!" Kayla said, jumping up and down. 

"We can decide when we get to the airport. Whatever, wherever, we'll go." I said. I know, it was spontaneous, and not to mention none of them had their passports or luggage, but I did at least. Tonight, I would be leaving the city. 

"Let's go outside. There's a surprise I have for you." Lianne said, as we walked outside. The place was already empty, the DJ was playing music to nobody, and the staff looked as though they were ready to start cleaning up. But, we booked this venue til 1 am, and had another hour to go. We walked outside, and surprisingly, it was kinda chilly. But, it was beautiful to be looking at the nightlife of Los Angeles. It was beautiful. 

"What's the surprise?" I asked. 

"Look up." She said, pointing at the sky. I looked at the dark, starry night. Then, fireworks began erupting in the sky, pretty blues, and bright greens. It was perfect. I looked up at the sky, thinking, how in less than ten minutes, my life would be changed. I would no longer be married to Luis Jones anymore. I wanted to look up at the sky until it hit midnight. 

Suddenly, I heard panting, and loud wheezing. "Nicole." A voice said my name. A familiar voice too. A soft voice. A calming voice. A voice that comforted me this past year. I slowly turned around and saw him; Luis Jones.