Chapter 51- Nicole's Coming Home

Nicole's POV

The past four weeks had been the most hectic, emotional four weeks of my career. I could barely concentrate because I could only think about my husband hating me and not wanting to be with me. It was hard doing interviews about my wedding line when me and my husband were upset at each other. I wasn't even mad he didn't come to my big event at NYFW, I would be pissed too if he lied about something like this. The last thing I wanted to do was hurt him, and that's exactly what I did. I tried calling him everyday for the first two weeks, but he didn't answer. Everytime the phone would ring, I would anxiously wait for him to pick up, and when it went to his voicemail, a little piece of me shattered every time.

It wasn't until I had the idea to have Kayla check on him and update me. She texted me when she got there, how he looked and how he felt. Then the text messages stopped.

Then, he called.

My heart beat quickly. "Hello?" I timidly asked.

"Kayla is going into labor." His sweet voice filled my ears and filled my stomach with butterflies. Tears came in my eyes.

"Okay." I said.

"I love you." He told me. Relief filled my heart.

"I love you too."

After we hung up, I passed all the half naked models and into a dressing room where I began to sob uncontrollably. Why was I so emotional?

I decided that today would be the last day I would be in New York. I needed to see my husband. I couldn't sleep properly, I was super emotional, I was always nervous and only drank anything with ginger to calm my self. I needed my husband. I went outside and organized my models for my line and they walked out.

I watched them walk the runway in my pieces, and I was proud. At the end, I walked out and everyone applauded me. As I made my way backstage, I rushed to my manager.

"I'm leaving. I need to go back home." I said to her and I walked outside.

"But Nicole, you have an interview scheduled in the next half our and an appearance at four!" She yelled.

"Well, I quit. I don't care, I've let New York Fashion Week run my life these past four weeks. I need to go home." 

"But-"

"I need to see my damn husband!" I screamed. I then hailed a taxi and got in. "I'm sorry, but my marriage is on the line right now, I have to fix everything, even if it means leaving New York Fashion Week." I said as I told the cab driver to head to the Marriott hotel. When we reached, I paid him and went to my hotel room. On the way there, I booked my private plane and hastily packed everything. In ten minutes, I was at the front desk checking out, and heading to JFK airport.

*** { 6 Hours Later}

As much as I wanted to go straight home, I knew I had to go visit Kayla in the hospital. I stopped at the hospital and went to her room.

"Nicole!" She greeted quietly, holding two babies in her hands. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I needed to be home." I said to her. "Look at those cuties!" I squealed.

"This is Kayson Edward Young , and this is Kaeden Edson Young. Two healthy boys." She said proudly.

"Oh my gosh! They look just like Eddie! Speaking of which, where is Eddie?"

"He went to get his car." She asked.

"Where's his car?" I asked confused.