Chapter 59 - Emergency Room Visit

I woke up the next morning and got ready for my day. Today, I was only meeting with Lianne to do a private cake testing in my wedding store. I had ordered samples of all the cake flavors on the menu to be delivered at my shop today. I was excited, it would be an easy day of work. As I walked into my closet, I sighed. All my clothes didn't fit me anymore. Either the top buttons wouldn't button because my boobs grew or the bottom half because of my baby bump. I wanted to so badly wear a tight summer dress, but it would show my belly bump prominently. Luis and  I still weren't ready to tell his fan base and essentially the whole world. Only Eddie, Kayla, and Luis knew. Luis made me swear to not tell his sister Lianne, because he was still mad at her. 

I decided on a loose fitted shirt and some pants and heels. My feet were so swollen, it was nearly impossible to get them to fit. But, since I was so dressed down from the neck down, I knew I had to wear heels to look professional, even if it was Luis' sister. "Bye Luis." I whispered to my sleeping Luis, and kissed him goodbye. I jumped into my car and headed to work.

When I arrived, my assistance Kelly was already there. "I got the cake samples that you asked me to pick up. They're in your office." She said. I gave her a confused look.

"I thought they were being shipped." I said confused.

"No, you told me two weeks ago that I had to pick them up for your client, Ms. Lianne Jones." She said.

"Oh, right, I forgot. Thank you." I said to her as I walked to my office. This pregnancy brain was no joke! I had been forgetting things left and right! I took out the cakes and laid them out. There were sixteen different flavors that Lianne and Brian were going to be able to try. As I finished placing the cakes out, I realized I didn't eat anything. And seeing these cakes, especially the double chocolate one made my mouth water. Just then, my phone rang. 

"Lianne Jones is here, shall I bring her up?" Kelly asked.

"Yes." I said to her. As she walked in, I was confused as to why she wasn't with Brian. "Hello honey." I greeted, as I hugged her. "Where's Brian?" I asked.

"He's busy out of town." She said. "It doesn't matter, I know what he likes." She added, when she saw my concerned look. "These cakes look amazing." She said with a smile.

"I know, I've been eyeing that double chocolate one." I said to her as a joke, but was dead serious. 

"Well, why don't you try them with me?" She asked. It was so unprofessional for me to ever say yes to such of request. But, it was as if my baby was talking through me.

"Yes, if you don't mind." I said to her, feeling embarrassed.

"You're still my sister in law, even if you are my wedding planner... And even if my brother is pissed at me." She said. 

"Why don't you try talking to him? He's just feeling betrayed." I suggested, as we ate our cake. It turned more into a girl talk than it was a cake tasting. 

"Me? No way, he should come to me." Lianne said. 

"You do know he's going through a lot right now. With the label company and me being...." I almost gave it away that I was pregnant! I stopped myself. "Me.. being... your wedding planner." I said to her.

"Yeah, but I'm going through a lot too! I'm getting married and he was the first person I told! And he got all mad? And said I was just like... dad." She said, as she shuttered at the word 'dad'. Now's my chance to talk to her about her father.

"So... about your dad-"

"Luis swore to keep our father a secret. We don't talk about dad." She said. I sighed. Guess Luis likes swearing people to keep secrets. He made me swear not to tell Lianne I'm pregnant, and made her swear not to talk about her dad.