Chapter 65 - Luis's Father

Ever since Luis agreed to write the song for Musical Explosion, he seemed really happy. It was like a spark was lit and he was doing his passion again. Plus, he was making money for his family, which is all he wanted to do. Every morning I would wake up, he wouldn't be in bed. Worried, I would check my phone and always have a reassuring message.

Working on the song at the studio. I'll be home by the late afternoon.

While he was working, so was I. I began organizing the finishing touches of Lianne and Brian's wedding. I also began working on the baby room. I tried going out less and less, seeing that the paparazzi were literally everywhere. They wanted the latest scope of me being pregnant and kept bombarding me every store I went. I kept ordering things online so I didn't have to leave home and made Luis go on late night runs for anything I was craving.
***
I sat on the floor of the nursery and began to organize all the things for our baby. I had at least fifty onesies to fold as well as diapers to pack in the drawers. As I began to fold, I heard the front door slam shut.

"Babe?" Luis called out.

"I'm in the nursery room!" I yelled back. I heard his footsteps rush up the stairs to the room I was in. "Hey." I simply said.

"Just listen." He said as he unlocked his phone and pressed the play button. Music flooded the room. I heard Musical Explosion's voices singing to a song that wasn't released yet. "Well what do you think?!" Luis asked all excited.

"I love it." I said to him.

"I knew you would. It's the song I wrote. They just finished recording it and gave me a snippet." He said. "It's perfect." Luis added as he smiled, jumping up and down.

"You're as excited as a kid going to the candy store." I said as I laughed.

"I missed this." He said as he sat on the floor in front of me.

"I missed you like this. You're way happier." I said as I placed my hand on his cheek.

"I know. After our baby is born, I'm gonna start looking for different record labels. I want to start releasing more music. I miss the music videos, the late night recording sessions, and the meet and greets." He confessed.

"I will totally support you." I replied.

"The song is called All the Love I Have Left. They've already started promoting it, but it'll be available to the public next week." He said.

"That's kinda quick. Don't songs usually take months to be finished?" I asked.

"They're in a time crunch. Their manager wants the album finished by the end of this month." He explained.

"Are you sure you won't get in trouble with your record deal? I know they dropped you and all but they made it seem like they don't want you ever making music again." I said. Luis' face then turned unhappy.

"Nicole, I can't live my life in fear of my record label. I have to worry about you and our baby and putting food on this table. Writing this song has made me so happy. It's made me realize how much I missed making music." He said as he touched my stomach.

***

2 a.m.

I got up to pee for the third time in a row. The baby kept pushing directly on my bladder, which made sleeping impossible. As I flushed and headed back to bed, I heard Luis' phone ringing. Luis seemed to be really deep in his sleep, cause he didn't even get up to check who it was. I laid back down and went to bed.

2:30 a.m.

I was awoken by both the urge to pee and Luis' phone still ringing. Was it still ringing from 2 in the morning?! I rushed to the bathroom and used it, and walked back into bed. His phone was still ringing.