Chapter 28

It had been one month and Luis was gone on tour still. With Hailey. I dodged every text, every phone call, every mail of his. I simply just did not want to talk to him.

"Hey, Luis is finishing up his final preformance. He should be here either one or two days." Lianne said. I surfed the web and popped my bubblegum, listening to my music. She yanked my earphones out my ears. 

"What?" I asked, looking at her. I was plopped on the couch.

"Luis is gonna be here tomorrow." She said. I paused for a second.

"I don't care. He'll probably just bring Hailey." I said, rolling my eyes. Then it hit me. What if he was bringing her over? "Lianne, I don't want to stay here if she's coming. Let me crash at your place for a night or two?" I begged.

She pondered at the thought, before agreeing. "Alright, I guess it could be fun." She said. I hugged her tightly.

"Thank you. I just wonder, what does he see in her?" I asked her. "Why am I not good enough?" 

"Stop that nonsense, right now. You're worth it, and you're beautiful, and it's my brother's business who he dates. Now, get packing, we are gonna have the best slumber party." She said. I scurried to my feet before going upstairs and getting my toothbrush, curling iron, and pjs. 

"I'm all packed." I said as we headed out. I got in her car and she began to drive to her house. When we pulled up, I was in complete shock. "This is where you live?" I asked.

"Yeah, my cheap little apartment." She said smiling. She parked in a small parking lot, before exiting the vehicle. Molds were growing on the side of building. The smell of smoke was so unappealing, making me want to gag. We walked in a lobby with carpet stains that smelled like pee. The light was flickering as we made our way up to her floors. 

"How many floors?" I asked. 

"Eight. If you want, we could take the elevator." I remembered passing an elevator and the thing looked old and was worn out. I shook my head and stopped complaining. We finally reached to her door, which was on the last floor, eight. "Can you hold my bag?" She asked as she took out the key. "The keyhole is rusty, so I have to tug on it." She said as she used both hands to unlock the door. "Right this way." She pointed. I walked in and she shut the door. 

A small cheap couch was in the corner with a small coffee table next to it. And that was it for her living room. She had a small tv flickering near the window, but it looked as if it were a burden to find signal. I sat down in the sofa and she smiled. "I'm just gonna wash my hands." She said before leaving. 

Why on Earth was she living here? Luis was there with his millions of dollars and couldn't loan her anything to get her not even a condo. He was so selfish, and we were just gloating to her about our mansion with a person butler, a personal chef. I could not believe Luis didn't help out his own sister.

After she came out, we talked, ate ice cream and danced to the loud Mexican music coming from the lower level. I tried my best to be pleased, but all I wanted was to sleep in my nice warm Temper Pedic bed.

"Okay, well it's getting late, so I'm gonna sleep. Leftovers in the fridge, bathroom in the corner and the tv doesn't work." She said. I checked the time. It was about eleven at night, and soon she went into her bedroom and shut the door. I put my head on the tough couch and tried going to sleep.

By the time I woke up, my back was sore and my neck was cricked. "Well, good morning." Lianne said as she got out her room. "Well Luis called me this morning and his plane just landed." She said.

"Is Hailey with him?" I asked, my voice groggy and hoarse.

"He didn't say. Do you want some breakfast?" She asked. I nodded as she got an old frying pan and made pancakes.