Chapter 20

My dress was off on the floor, my heels were angrily thrown, my hair was a mess, and I had cried off all my make-up. I layed on my belly on my bed, tears rushing all over my wet, red, face. I didn't even want to show my face at the prom anymore. I was embarrassed, he stood me up.  So my night consisted of crying. I was depressed and angry that I had wasted all my energy on the most magical nights of my school life.

I heard the door open, but was too upset to even turn my face. "Nicole? Why are you here?" I heard a familiar voice say.

"Justin stood me up." I said through my tears, my face buried to my pillow. I could feel the bed sink deeper as he sat.

"What? What, why?" He asked, rubbing my back.

"I don't know." I said as I stood up slowly. "I got all ready and here I am, not going to my senior prom." I wiped my eyes, mascara running down my face.

"He's a total douche-" Luis started.

"Can you just leave me alone before I start crying again?" I asked him as he got up from my bed and left. I plopped back on my bed, pulling the covers over me. About ten minutes later, I heard a knock on my door. "It's open." I said as I heard footsteps.

"Nicole Altway." Luis's voice started. I slowly got up and turned to see Luis in a tuxedo with an orange tie. "It would be a privledge, no an honor, to take you to your senior prom." He said as he pulled out a rose. I covered up my mouth with my palm, shocked. Tears welled up in my eyes. I couldn't even choke up a yes, so I just nodded. He hugged me tightly. "Go get ready, you're gonna have the night of your life." He said, picking up my dress.

I was going to prom with Luis Jones.

***

I was pretty good at make-up, so I fixed my ruined mascara and touched up my hair. My hair took a while, but it was bouncy and curly. I was just as beautiful as before.

I took Luis's hand as we walked out together. He let go and picked me up bridal style. I screamed and laughed as the night was still young. We hopped into his gold Mercedes, Daniel driving. We had the roof down, the wind was blowing in our hairs, and I didn't even want the road to end. I wished it was just one path we were taking, an endless path, leading anywhere. But instead, this was going to be the best night ever.

"Don't you have meetings?" I asked him.

"Rescheduled. I want you to go to your prom." He said. We pulled up to the ballroom. Luis held my hand all the way through. Everyone saw us as we walked in, hand in hand.

"She's with Luis Jones!" Someone pointed. I didn't mind the pointing or that I wasn't as pretty as the other girls. It was like no one even mattered, just me and Luis in the room. Luis and I danced for hours, laughing, spinning, holding each other. I took my shoes off as he spun me off my own two feet. Everything was perfect.

"Hey, you made it." Kayla said as she held hands with Eddy. I smiled as I hugged Luis. "I'm glad you came to your senses and went with Luis." She said. I laughed as the boys talked. I let go of Luis's hand for one minute, the next thing I hear the boys debating on whose a better dancer.

"Don't act like you're a better dancer than me!" Eddy joked.

"Eddy, I'm way smoother than you with the moves." Luis said, laughing as they battled out. Soon, a crowd of people circled them as they danced to the music. Everyone rooted for Luis, cause he practices four times a week, but Eddy wasn't half bad. They did cartwheels, splits, hip-hop, and the robot.

I laughed, shouted, and clapped throughout the night, before they stopped the music. "All you couples, get on the dance floor as we slow it down. Then, it'll be time to see who is crown Prom King and Queen. Please put any last minute votes in the box over to your right." The DJ said as he changed the loud beatful music, to a quiet, slow dancing song. I held Luis close to me as we danced. We slowly spun in circles, dancing to the song. As we spun, that's when I saw Justin.

"Justin. Is. Here." I muttered loud enough  so both of us could hear. "With, with. Elizabeth." I whispered her name. I wanted to vomit.

"Nicole, do not worry about stupid Justin and whoever he's with. He made a horrible mistake. Let's just slow dance together." He said.

"Yeah, but, why would he go with her? I mean does he think I'm ugly or something. Unless, she manipulated him to go with her. She is mean, awful, twisted-"

"Oh for heaven's sake!" Luis said as he leaned in and kissed me. I closed my eyes, and felt I was falling into a sea of clouds. When his lips left mine, I was still on my feet. "Could you just shutup?" He joked.

"That was the nicest way to tell me to shutup." I giggled.

"Should I have not done that?" He asked me.

"You shouldn't have stopped." I said softly as I pushed on my tippy toes and kissed him. Sure, I kissed him hundreds of times, for the camera of course, but this kiss felt different. It felt free and not forced, and it felt just right. I had a different feeling in my belly, and I couldn't quite put my finger to it. It was a feeling I had never felt before. Our lips detached, and I just hugged him tight, not saying a word, till the song ended.

"Would our prom nominees please come forward?" The principal asked. I let his hand go and walked up to the stage. I waited anxiously, looking at everyone. Was this a dream come true? "Our Prom King, is a write out- Justin Carlson!" A round of applause came. Or a nightmare.

"How did he become prom king?" I asked.

"When you're dating Justin Carlson, you can have him king of the world." Elizabeth scoffed in my ear.

"And when you're engaged to Luis Jones, you can have the world." I said as I turned my attention to the principal.

"And this year's Prom Queen is, Nicole Altway!" I covered my mouth shocked. I couldn't believe it. I walked to claim my sash and crown. I had seen crowns on tv, always wanting to be the girl who got this, and I finally was. They placed it on my head and I twirled around. The student body was clapping, cheering for me. I was someone. I didn't even care about Elizabeth, she was old news, I was Prom Queen.

"We'll have the annual Prom King and Queen dance on the dancefloor." I walked down to him.

"I'm not dancing with you, just to make that clear." I said, about to walk away, but he stopped me.

"Do you have the time?" He asked desperately.

"No time for you." I said, giving him a dirty look. He gave me a pleading look. I rolled my eyes and checked my phone. "11:00 pm." I said.

"Great, um, we don't have to dance? I kinda needa go." He asked.

"Where are you in a rush to? And I want an explanation as to why you stood me up." I said to him.

"Alright, it was Elizabeth's idea. She told me if I went with her, we could share a hotel room." He said. I was so disgusted. My mouth dropped to my jaw. I was pissed. I ran straight towards her to the bathroom.

"Why?" I asked as she looked in the mirror.

"Why what?" She asked innocently. She applied some lipstick.

"I can't believe you took my prom date. You are sick. You are a loser. I'm the winner here, and you're not. Have fun tonight, you brought your date that was mine first just to make me miserable. You are low. But yet, you made this the best night of my life, dancing with a popstar. I hope you two use protection, we wouldn't want another you running around." I said to her before leaving.

Luis grabbed my hand. "Nicole, they want you to dance with him." Luis said.

"I'm only dancing with you, okay?" I held him tightly, not letting go.

"I can't believe you won Prom Queen." He said. I placed the crown on his head.

"Gee, Luis, I can't believe you won Prom Queen." I joked. We joked all the way till it was time for us to leave. We hopped to the car, and told Daniel to drive, anywhere, because the night was young, we were young, and I was ready for some fun.

its short but its something. Comment ur mind.