Chapter 36

"So, has Kayla called yet?" Luis's sister, Lianne asked the next morning.

"No. And I don't blame her for it. I wouldn't want to talk to me after I ruined her wedding." I said, sipping my coffee.

"Don't say that. You knew she was just mad." Lianne reassured.

"I'm gonna end up murdering your brother Lianne." I joked.

"But you love him." She joked back. I rolled my eyes. As we sipped our warm drinks, the door was opened. I turned to a fully dressed Luis, who looked at us, and walked in. I looked at him ready for an apology.

"Look, I'm sorry about yesterday and how everything went down." He started, but I stopped him.

"Luis, I shouldn't have blamed you, I mean I should've hid the test and I shouldn't have yelled it out." I said to him. He looked a little relieved.

"So. You're not pregnant?" Luis asked slowly.

"No I'm not." I said simply.

"Thank God." He said. I gave him a confused look.

"So, you wouldn't be happy if I were?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"No.. No. I mean yes.. It's just not that, but, I mean my life is so busy. And Hail-" His words began to drift off. I bit my lip. I stared at him, shaking. Lianne awkardly sipped her drink and watched us. "Well, I gotta go. I have a date with Hailey." He said simply before leaving.

I sat down after and sipped my tea.
***
(Luis's POV)
As I sat in my car, my phone buzzed. I pulled it out my pocket and read the text message.
Eddie~ dude come over asap

Confused, I decided to just swing by, it was on my way to Hailey's. As I drove, I thought about Nicole's strange behavior. Why was she so hung on my answers to every question about a test that's not even hers.

As I pulled up in Eddie's driveway, he was already there, and he was looking so out of it. I shut the engine and walked towards him.

"Eddie?" I asked, walking to him. "You alright?" I held his shoulders.

"Man, it's like reality hit me this morning. I'm gonna be a dad. And I'm not near ready! I'm not even-" He paused and lowered his voice. "I'm not even sure I've got this husband thing down! Man, I'm freaking out! I'm not ready, I'm not." He said out of breathe.

"Whoa, dude take it easy. No ones ready to be a dad-"

"Don't give me that Hallmark bull! I've always wanted kids, but so soon? I wanted a honeymoon stage, Kayla is freaking eating everything that I have in those cabinets."

"That's normal Ed." I reassured.

"Onions, pickles and icecream is normal?! Lu, no one ever even ASKED me if I was ready to be a father. Now in nine months, a freaking baby is gonna be popping out of her. This fell like a ton of bricks!" Eddie said, pushing his brown hair around with his fingers.

"Okay, Eddie, listen and listen good. Grow a pair okay! You gotta suck it up for the next nine months, because she can't go freaking out. Now you gotta be the man and be the stable one in your relationship, okay?" I said to him, as he sat down on the stairs outside his apartment.

"When you thought Nicole was pregnant, you were ready to crap yourself." Eddie said laughing. I sat beside him.

"I know dude. I.. I think.. I think I love her." I stuttered, biting my cheek. "The thing is, I want her to mother my child, but she doesn't love me anymore. I've put her through enough with Hailey and ignoring her when she's said I love you, but I love her." I said simply.