Chapter 35 My best Friend's Wedding

"Hello yes! I've been playing phone dodge with you people all day! The flowers that I ordered NEED to be here by this Friday!" I yelled through my headset as I paced around, tapping furiously on my tablet.

It was one thing to plan a wedding, but to plan it at your own house, now that was hell. I mean, florist and cooks were running around the whole house, seeing if everything would fit and go right. And of course, Luis was no help at all.

"Luis. Did you buy my dress yet?" I asked him as we watched tv.

"Yeah babe. Touchdown!" He yelled at the screen. I rolled my eyes as I continued making impossible phone calls.

"Crap. I forgot an invitation. And this place is a mess!" I yelled, to myself echoing. "Luis." I called him, his eyes glued to the TV. "You can at least help."
I said to him.

"I will babe." He fanned me. I sighed.

"This is what I was running from. I knew you'd let me down." I said, sniffling. He turned around and looked at me.

"Stop fake crying." He called from the couch. I groaned. "I know you too well. But fine, I guess I can go get a suit." He said as he grabbed his keys.

"Wait, you have like a thousand suits. Are you ditching me?!" I yelled.

"You call it ditching, I call it getting away from doing work." He said.

"But-" I was interrupted by the door slamming. I groaned as I sat down on the couch. I was ready to pull my hair out. "Siri, call Kayla." I muttered through my phone, tiredly.

"Hello?" Kayla asked.

"Where are you? I reserved a home dress fitting, and they're going to be here in ten minutes. I said.

"Oh, I didn't tell you, huh? I'm using my mom's dress. It has one of everything. Someone old to her, something new to me, something borrowed, the dress, and something blue, it has a blue bow! I also adored this dress. It makes my butt look huge!" She screamed.

"Kayla, are you serious? I spent thousands of dollars to have an at home dress fitting. The crew is going to be here and I'm not canceling." I said.

"Whoa, this is my wedding. If I wanted to wear a paper bag, I can because it's my wedding." She said.

"Kayla, these people spend their time picking out Vera Wang gowns and silky bridesmaids dresses. I simply cannot."

"What has gotten into you?"

"Maybe because I dont feel like it's your wedding, but it's my wedding. I'm doing everything. I get it I'm the maid of honor, but I shouldn't be stuck doing every last piece!"

"I see what this is. You're jealous." She said. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "You're jealous that I'm in love and that you're stuck with a guy who doesn't love you. Just, leave your feelings out of this. I gotta go, I'm late for... Whatever." The line disconnected.

I threw my phone and my headset on the ground, angry. Had she just said that? There's always an invisible line of a friendship, and once it's crossed, no turning back. She crossed, spat, destroyed that line.

Unbelievable. This is unbelievable.

***
I decided I would get some sleep in on the couch, but of course something had to mess it up.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I wokeup to a beeping noise and thick smoke. Coughing, I could barely see what was once the living room. Covering my mouth, my eyes watered as I walked through the fog and into the kitchen.