CHAPTER 38

"A party?" I asked my best friend Kayla.

"Yes, a party!" Kayla squealed. "An eighteen birthday party bash extravaganza!" She said excitedly. "To celebrate you being eighteen and leaving this binding contract of you being married.

"I don't know, party's aren't really my thing." I said timidly. 

"Think about it. For my wedding I got a boatload of presents as well as money that came up to $5,000. If you have a party and invite all of Luis's rich celebrity friends, you'll have double that. You'll have enough money to not be living on the streets." She said excitedly. "Come on Nicole!" She pleaded.

"Ugh, fine, okay. I will talk to Luis. We can do it the day before my eighteenth so that way he can come as my husband. As soon as midnight comes, we won't be married and we won't have to see each other again." I said. It's a smart idea, if I leave he won't have to worry about me and can truly be happy, with Hailey. 

"Yeah, yeah, whatever Cinderella. I think a nice red dress would be nice" She said excitedly. 

Just then, the front door opened and in came Luis and Eddie. "Number 1!" They both yelled.

"What?" We asked confused.

"Luis's new single! It hit number 1 on the charts in just 72 hours!" Eddie yelled.

"That's a personal record!" Luis added excitedly. 

"Congrats! Has Hailey congratulated you?" Kayla snobbishly asked. I lightly shoved her.

"No. She's out doing press stuff for her new movie. I'm sure she'll call when she gets the news. But it's all thanks to you Nicole!" Luis said excitedly.

"It is?" I asked, confused.

"I knew this whole fake marriage thing would come in handy. I've been so relevant since I've been with you. And people are eating it up. Thank you." He said sincerely. 

"Um.. You're welcome?" I said, confused. "Well congrats, I'm proud of you." I said, hugging him. 

"Anyway, we have to celebrate tonight. Drinks on me!" Luis said.

"Well, I will have to pass on drinks, since I am carrying a child. How about just you and Nikki go? Me and Eddie have plans." Kayla said. I swear, if she wasn't pregnant, I would seriously tackle her.

"We do?" Eddie asked. Kayla gave one of her famous go-with-the-flow looks. Finally Eddie caught on. "Ah, we do!" He said. I shook my head. Too bad Luis was so oblivious and soaked up in his own happiness he didn't even notice.

"Fine by me! It'll be good publicity anyway. Why not kill two birds with one stone?" Luis joked.

"Amazing. And Luis, you can hear Nicole's great idea tonight over drinks!" Kayla said. I looked at her, confused. She must be talking about the stupid eighteen bash party. 

"Yeah sure. Be ready by eight tonight. I gotta head out, My manager just texted me that I'm going to be doing a radio interview. Tune into 103.7 FM radio station. Bye" He said as he left. 

****

(Luis's POV)

I'm through the moon! My single is number 1 and my girl and I are going out to dinner. Wait, did I just say my girl? Nicole's not my girl, it's Hailey! Why hasn't she called yet to congratulate me? As I drove to the studio, I thought about last night. Last night, I would've looked like a fool, thinking I'm in love with Nicole, when there's not chance we could be together! This is just a marriage to help one another, nothing more, nothing less. After she turns eighteen, she won't need me in her life.