Chapter 50- She's in Labor!

[Luis's POV]

[Week 4 of New York Fashion Week (The final week)]

Eating takeout.

Not shaving.

Leaving the house a pigsty.

That was how my month consisted of without Nicole. I hadn't talked to her since our big fight a month ago, which officially made it the longest we'd ever fought. I woke up to an empty bed, and checked my phone. She had called, but I opted to ignore it. She called every day, and left voicemails, but I just wanted to be away from her. She hid something so crucial to me. A week before our fight, I had been secretly going to a doctor to talk about my sperm count as well as if I was able to have kids. I was up at nights, worried about our chances with starting a family, but was too afraid to tell Nicole, since it was a sensitive topic. But, the whole time she was just taking birth control secretly. What if I went to NYFW, and we kept trying for kids. She would take a test and know it would just say negative? I felt betrayed.

I got out of bed, and brushed my teeth. I looked at my bedhead and my scruffy beard, that was growing.

I didn't tell anyone I didn't go to New York, so my schedule was pretty free. I wasn't motivated to write any music, so I took those three weeks to eat whatever I want, watch whatever I want, and do whatever I want.

As much as I hated admitting it, I missed Nicole. But, I was still extremely angry at her. Everytime I thought about it, it got me even more upset. Why lie to me? Why stop the future of our family for a job? The more I thought about the whole scenario, the more it reminded me of Hailey. Hailey lied to me and pretended she was pregnant so me and her could stay together. Nicole lied about going off birth control, so she could have her body ready for New York Fashion Week, when she told me she was off it because she was ready for us to start a family.

I sighed as I went downstairs and put last night's order of pizza in the microwave. As it finished, I began to eat it, but then the door opened. It opened from a key. I heard a faint humming, something soothing. Confused, I hid so they couldn't see me. I peered over the island table to see Kayla.

"Kayla?" I asked. She screamed in terror, and clentched tightly onto her 38 week pregnant belly. I jumped up. "Oh my god, don't go into labor!" I said.

"Don't you know not to sneak up on a pregnant woman?" She asked, as she still clenched onto her belly. "And no, I'm not going into labor!" She said, as she sat down at the kitchen table. "What the hell are you doing here!?" She asked.

"Um... I should be asking you that. I live here!" I explained.

"Nicole told me to go water her flowers." I gave her a look. Nicole didn't have any flowers. Sooo, she sent Kayla to check up on me. "Aren't you supposed to be in New York?" She asked.

"Nicole didn't tell you?" I asked.

"Tell me what?" She asked, excited to hear the story. "Oh my gosh, are you guys mad at each other?" She asked excitedly.

"Yes." I confessed.

"Okay, so it's something that she did that was wrong. If you did something wrong, she would have told me by now. Wait... you didn't go to Fashion week at all?" She asked. I shook my head. "Yikes, what did Nikki do to get you so pissed? And you look like a depressed little girl who got dumped by her boyfriend! Look at yourself, you look...." She stopped talking. I gave her a concerned look. I could see slight discomfort from her face, but I didn't suspect anything of it. "look so, rundown. Have you just been eating takeout? For four weeks?! Have you even showered!?" She asked.

"Okay, I'm only answering one question at a time." I instructed. "And if Nicole didn't tell you, what makes you think I should? Or would?" I asked.