Chapter 41 - Two Places at Once

As I made it way to my party venue, I was ultimately excited. This would be my last, worry free night, because the real world would be hitting me. It was honestly a silent ride to the place, Eddie and Kayla were acting like an old married couple, feeling their baby bump and occasionally kissing. I wasn't in the mood to talk and Lianne understood. It was a sad time. 

When we arrived, I got out the limo and was greeted by my high school friends like Jenna. Jenna and I had gotten very distant after I got married, I think it was her strict parents making her think I was a bad influence because I got married before a career. As if I even had a choice. I hugged a few jocks who were dressed very nicely, as well as my classmates. Soon, I shook the feeling of "wanting to crawl in a ball and be alone and depressed" to "being excited for tonight." We all headed inside to a beautiful, large venue that was decked out in black, red, and gold. There were waiters, chefs, and a DJ playing a soft melody. I sure hope he didn't play any Luis Jones' music, I did not want to hear him. 

"So where's Luis?" Someone asked me. I sighed. Great, I forgot these Luis Jones' freaks probably only came, expecting to see him "my husband." 

"Oh, he'll be here soon, just running an errand." I lied before walking away. I looked around at the venue, seeing it was pretty empty. But, it was only fifteen minutes into it, people usually come fashionably late.

 I couldn't help but wonder, how Luis's night was going.....

(Luis's POV)

It was only fifteen minutes into Hailey's stupid party, and yet it was packed to the fullest. I tried passing through the crowd of people, bumping into people, squishing into them as I made my way. "I need a drink." I muttered, as I got to a waitress in time and picked up her tray of drinks. 

"Do you have anything stronger?" I asked her politely. She nodded, before talking in a little earpiece she had that was connected to the kitchen. 

"One stronger drink coming right up, sir." She said. 

"Sir?" I asked confused as to why she called me that. "You do know who I am, right?" I said conceitedly. 

"Of course, Mr. Jones. It's just that I was instructed-well we waiters and waitresses were all instructed to not use the celebrities name. I guess it makes us look like we're fangirling you celebrities. Either way, it's Ms. Hailey's orders." She said snobbishly. I laughed. 

"I don't think you're fangirling, trust me." I said. 

"Well it's either that I'm flirting or not a big fan." She said, laughing. "I'm kidding." She added. 

"So... Interested in bartending?" I asked her.

"No, just trying to pay off my student debt. I went to school for acting, but no one will book me. It's like you celebrities take everything!" She joked. We both laughed. For some reason, she reminded me of Nicole. Her sense of humor, her ambition. It was refreshing to be talking to someone normal in this party. 

"What's your name?" I asked her. 

"The name's Harper." She said. Just then, a second waitress came with a single drink, handing it to Harper."Guess this is for you." I said, as she handed it to me. "Well, I'd better get going, or Hailey's going to start yelling in the earpiece again. It's like she's watching our every move!" She said, annoyed before leaving. 

I drank it in a corner. I did not want to be here. I scanned the room. Almost every celebrity was here. Not to mention, I saw a handful of celebrities that said they were coming to Nicole's party tonight, yet they were here? I wanted to go up and confront them, but I was here as well. Hypocritical of me, I guess. I walked around as people mingled, yet all that was on my mind was Nicole. I wanted to call her, but knew she was probably out having a great time.