Chapter 26

Okay, I didn't really hate Luis, I was just pissed. I love him, but he lied to me. I grabbed all my tissues and wiped my face, full of tears and runny make-up. I had gotten used to the feeling of my bed, everytime I got up, I would fall back down.

I looked at the dark window. It was probably midnight and Luis was there on the outside of my door leaning. "Just please open up." I heard him say. "I'm really worried about you." He said, knocking. I grabbed my pillow and squeezed it tight, my body shaking as I began the Nicole Jones Signature Cry. It started off with me turning red and barely breathing, my eyes get blurry from my tears, some occasions screaming, and then I think about what a bad daughter I was, so then I start speaking through my tears, choking on my sadness. It's a pretty depressing stage, and I've been going through that since the wedding. And yes, I used my new last name.

I wanted this sadness to end, I wanted to enjoy my "honeymoon" and go to The Bahamas where I could say I'm married. But, I have to go through this.

**

One day, I had enough energy to get out my bed. Was it because I was annoyed of the room? Was it because the room had a smell because I was laying on the same bedspread? Who knows. As I walked out, my legs buckled on Luis, tumbling to the floor. Here i was, on top of my husband. 

"You're up." He then stared at me longingly. "Are you okay?" He helped me up, before pulling me in a tight hug. I missed his body, his soft warm body. My body craved his body, as if it needed his embrace to keep my blood pumping.

I managed to push him away and walk downstairs. "Wait." He followed me as I headed into the kitchen. "Nicole, honey." He said, but I was focused on the devine smell that was coming from downstairs. I opened the door to a wonderland of food. There were sandwhiches, rice, chicken, even cookies. "I uh, made a lot because in my family, when someone dies, we make a lot of food." He said, fumbling with his hair. That made him so cute. "I'll be in the living room." He said as he left. He was so nervous, and I couldn't help but smile.

"Thank you." I whispered after he left, before literally shoving everything down my throat. My mouth watered as I ate an avocado spread sandwich and scrambled eggs. I was eating so awfully, quickly, it was actually disgusting. But it was better than being in the bed, truthfully. 

Then, in the living room I heard a weird gagging noise, that made me stop munching. "Luis?" I asked hearing it again. I slowly walked to the door. I peaked my head out and saw Luis pressing his hands on his chest. His eyes were wide with fear and his face was red. "Oh my God!" I screamed.

I ran toward him, and wrapped my arms around his abdominal, pushing my fists inward and out, till something flew out his mouth and to the floor. He gasped loudly, life returning back to his face.

"Here drink some water." I got him a glass of water. He drank it, gulping loudly after every swallow.

"You saved my life," He said, looking at me. "You saved my life." He grabbed my shoulders, and looked at me. "You-"

"Saved my life. I know." I finished. "I know." I walked back upstairs, sinking back in my bed.

***

"You ready?" Luis asked outside the bathroom door. Today, was my mother's funeral. It's a horrible feeling to have to bury your mother, just like my dad, only this time, I was all alone.

I applied a little more mascara before opening the door. I walked past Luis's outstretched arm and headed downstairs. Yes, I was still pissed at him.