Chapter 5

"Grace, hun you have a visitor." My mother's eyes slowly blinked as she looked at me.

"Who are you?" She asked as she looked at me hard. She was done for, she couldn't even remember her own daughter. You know when you crack your fingers or neck, yeah that was happening to my heart, and the dam holding back my tears. "Where, am I? Who are you people." My mother, so confused and frightened.

"Mom." I cleared my raspy throat. "Mom, I'm your one and only daughter."

"Nonsense, I've never had kids." I wiped my now wet face, trying to be strong. But who could be strong when your own mother looked you in the eyes and thought of you as a stranger. I kneel beside her, patting her hand. She was young, beautiful, and healthy. But in my head, I knew she was aging, she hadn't had the same glow, and no where near healthy. I silently weeped on her bed side.

"I don't get it, why does she think she doesn't have a child, but last week, she thought I was 12." I asked the nurse, who was checking on my mother's IVs.

"Well, it's what's in her brain. She can think anything basically. Alzhiemers is a confusing disease." She said.

"So today, she can think she's getting married, and tomorrow, she can be thinking it's the time for my father's funeral." She nodded, writing stuff down on a medical chart. It gave me chills down my back, having her replay the same moment of burrying her husband.

"Well, I'm going to leave you alone, but just press the call nurse button for anything." She shut the door behind us, and beside the beeping on her monitor, there was silence.

"Oh God." I said feeling sick to my stomach. A horrible croak escaped from my throat as I loudly sobbed. I took her hand squeezing it tightly.

"Don't touch me!" She snatched her hand away. Everytime I wiped away my tears, more came, and my fave was red and wet. I stood up and simply left.

I jumped in my old black Honda, which I gotten last night with Kayla and the rest of my stuff at the condo.

***

Opening the house door, I walked upstairs, to my room.

I check my phone, Kayla texted me and asking to come over. I rolles my eyes, texting he's not here. Or was he? I opened my door, walked around, to hear a sound, no a melody. It was a beautiful sound. I walked up and down the hall before passing a door. I opened it as a staircase was there. I stepped on it, the music getting louder. I walked up to see a huge room with a white plush couch and a small piano. The door was wide open as sounds of Luis Jones played.

"...So if you stay with me, I'll promise that I'll be, if you stay with me, just say you'll stay, with me." He strummed his guitar gracefully before finally stopping it. "You know it's rude to snoop." He said not even turning around.

"Oh sorry. I heard the music. That was a beautiful song." I said as I walked towards him. I sat down next to him, looking at scattured papers. "Is this a duet?" I pick up the papers.

"Yeah, but too many songs for the album so I had to let go of that one." I looked at the lyrics and before you know it I was singing.

"Cause when I'm with you, everything makes sense, I wonder -" I stop singing. "I'm sorry. I've-"

"No don't stop, it sounded good." He strummed his guitar.

"I wonder how you make me feel so refreshed, tell me why, why, why, you are the fountain of my life." Luis began singing;

"Everytime I close my eyes I think of you, I wonder if you think about me too, like a deer over the lake, these are the feelings that you make,"