Chapter 8

I woke up bright and early, to clean myself and make sure I was on point. After my long shower, I brushed my teeth and picked something to wear. I was satisfied with a tight pencil skirt and a silk top. I applied a pink lip gloss to my chapped lips. Then, I applied mascara and even tweezed my eyebrows. Since my hair was already curly, I only used hairspray and braided the back of my brown hair. I knew I needed to wear heels, so I softly pushed my foot in a tall black heels. I got sunglasses for blocking my eyes, a pearl necklace and stud earrings, and overdid on the perfume.

"C'mon Nicole! We're going to be late!" I rushed down the stairs, careful not to fall. "Are you sure you could walk in those?" He pointed to my heels. I brushed off his comment before he escorted me to his red Lambourgini. His hair was greasy and perfect, each strand in place. Under his black blazer, he wore a simple white shirt.

"Are you excited as much as I am?" I asked giggly.

"This is professional stuff." He said but he still could contain a smile. "Anyways I'm performing there." He .said.

"Amazing." I said as I checked my pocket purse for my phone. I sent a few tweets, checked my face, and even read facts about Luis. You never know if knowing his favorite color would be handy. By the time we got there, I was comfortable and didn't want to leave.

"C'mon." He took my arm as we went backstage. A swarm of paparazzi were calling my name. I used my hand to block my face, but it wasn't enough. A security guard escorted us to the backstage of the studio.

"Hello, welcome. Please follow me to your dressing room." A woman with a set on her heads led us to a room with a wardrobe snacks and tv. "Tina will be here shortly." The woman said before closing the door. I sat on a small couch fixing my skirt.

Luis grabbed his guitar and began playing cords warming up his voice. I decided to text Lianne since we had a little plan. A knock came at the door and the same woman came in. "You're on in five. You can sit in the audience." She said as she took my hand.

"Whoa, I thought it was both of us being interviewed." I said, pointing my finger from me to him.

"Nicole, just go with it." He said. I followed the lady on the set as they opened the show.

"Please welcome the talented popstar Luis Jones!"

I sat in the front of the audience a smile on my face. I couldn't look mad on live television. Besides, me and Lianne had a plan. I was no longer gonna be mystery girl. I turned to see girls with signs and t shirts of Luis. I smiled to one of them, and she gave me a dirty look. I quickly turned around.

"So Luis, how's it been?" The woman asked with a smile on her face. Her dark skin was oily and filled with make-up, and her smiling teeth were so white and straight.

"Long enough Tina." Luis said. They chit chat, joked around, Luis was so sweet, so funny.

"So now this is the question everybody wants to know. That mystery girl." Tina said to him. Everyone ahead. I gulped. Showtime. I got up and waved my hand as they began clapping. "Why don't you come up?" Tina asked. I slowly walked to the stage smiling at him.

"What are you doing?" He asked as he walked me to my seat, through his teeth of his smile.

"Showtime, now go along with it, hunny." I whispered in his ear.

"So, what's your name?" She asked.

"Depends if you're a police officer." I joked and everyone laughed. "My name is Nicole. Nicole soon to be Jones." I beamed as everyone clapped. I showed her the ring.

"Wow, that's huge! Anyway he could marry me?" Tina joked and the audience laughed. "And how did you two meet?" She asked us. I smiled at her as I opened my mouth to speak but Luis spoke.