Chapter 72 - Six Weeks Later - Adjusting to Motherhood and a Vogue Shoot

"Okay I just put her down." I said as I climbed into bed at 9 p.m. on a Thursday night.

"Alright and I got the bedroom ready." He said.

"You literally did nothing." I laughed as I looked at the neatly made bed with rose petals sprinkled on top and candles lit around.

"Are you sure you want to do this? We don't have to."

"Yes I want to. It's been so long."

"Did the doctor say it was fine?"

"Yeah as long as it doesn't hurt."

"Okay but if it does, you let me know and we'll stop."

"I'll fight through the pain. Let's do it."

"Okay take off your robe."

I took it off and was just in my underwear as I laid down on the bed on my stomach. Luis got on top of me and I began to moan.

"This massage is amazing." I said.

"I knew taking those massage classes would pay off." Luis said as he rubbed my back.

What did you think we were doing?

"In the next hour, someone is going to do your nails and feet and then I got you a facial." Luis said.

"This is the best push present ever." I mumbled.

"And then you can rest for the day and I'll take care of Genesis." He said.

"Yeah, until she's hungry and you have no boobs to feed her with." I reminded as he rubbed the lower part of my back. I winced in pain.

"Sorry love. I keep forgetting the lower part of your body is still pretty sore." He said.

"Yeah but it's better than last week. I couldn't even carry anything." I said.

"That's because you aren't supposed to. You're still healing." He reminded me. "Are you going to be able to do the photoshoot for Vogue next week?" Luis asked.

Suddenly, our six week old daughter began to cry and we heard it on the baby monitor.

"You should be asking Genesis if she'll be able to do the photoshoot." I said as I began to get up, but Luis stopped me.

"No, I'll go get her." Luis said as he walked to the nursery, picked up our daughter, and brought her back to our room. I sat up and placed my robe back on as Luis tried soothing her.

"I think she just needs her pacifier." I pointed at the pacifier that was dangling from the clip attached to her light pink onesie. Luis placed the pacifier in her mouth and she stopped crying.

Genesis Harper had the same brown eyes as me, and same light brown hair too. But she had Luis's nose, light skin complexion, and dimples. Our daughter was an easy baby. She only cried if she was hungry or needed a diaper change and would sleep through most nights. These past six weeks have made me the happiest mother alive.

"There's my little princess." Luis said to Genesis as he held her.

Luis was a phenomenal father and husband. I never knew this sweet side of Luis existed and my love for him and our daughter has grown tremendously. He has made the adjustment to motherhood an easy, seamless one.

"I'm gonna go put her back in her crib." Luis said.

"No. I want to watch her sleep." I said as I tapped the middle of the bed. Luis placed our daughter in the middle as we watched her kick around and suck on her pacifier.