Chapter 67 - Luis's Father Pays Another Visit

Tomorrow turned into two days, then three days, then four. Every time I mustered the amount of courage to tell him that his father stopped I chickened out. The mention of Lucas changed Luis' demeanor. Imagine if I told him he stopped by a few days ago with a possibility that Lucas wasn't Luis's father! I was thinking of the health of Luis! If he knew, he'd be the same depressed man who was distant just last week!

Or was I being selfish? Was I only thinking of my health and peace of mind? The past four days had been such bliss. Ever since the song with Musical Explosion, he seemed happy, and walked with purpose. He would make me breakfast, cuddle with me, and go on early morning runs to the store when my cravings were acting up.

I then thought about the therapy session we had a few weeks ago. We were so close to breaking up because of all the secrets that I kept. Didn't I learn secret keeping is never good?!

With that in my mind, I decided today is the day I will tell him everything. I slowly peeled out of bed and rubbed my stomach. Only a few weeks til my child was here. I needed to tell him. Luis wasn't in bed, so I got up and washed up before heading downstairs. I could smell breakfast cooking.

"Good morning sunshine." Luis said as I walked into the kitchen. "I'm making an omelet for you." He said. "But now that I'm looking at you I totally forgot you get queasy with eggs now so I'll just throw it away and make something els-"

"Luis I have to tell you something." I blurted. Luis put down the pot and sat down by in the chair that was in front of the island.

"What's wrong?" He asked me.

"I'm sorry for keeping this from you but-" Just as I was about to start, the front door bell rang.

"Hold that thought." He said as he got up to get the door. I rushed behind him, afraid it was going to be Lucas. Luis opened the door and Lianne rushed inside. "What are you doing here?" Luis asked, confused as he saw Lianne looking frantically.

"Did you watch TMZ?!" She yelled as she rushed into the living room and fumbled with our television remote. She turned it on and switched the channel to TMZ.

"What are you talking about?" Luis asked.

"Shh! Just listen!" She shushed. Luis and I both walked over to the tv.

"My sources tell me that Luis Jones's estranged father is trying to come back into Luis and Lianne's life. The name is Lucas Jones." One of the reporters said.

My eyes widened as I listened tentively. Please don't tell me Luis is going to find out Lucas stopped by here on television!

"How did they find out-" Luis began to ask, but Lianne interrupted him by shushing him.

"Well if you think that's crazy, hear this. Apparently this Lucas Jones dude is the step father of Brian Corbin! So maybe that's why Brian and Lianne broke up! Talk about serious incest!"

"It's not incest guys. Maybe she called off the wedding because no one could decide if Lucas Jones should be seated on the brides side or the grooms side!"

TMZ was making a mockery of our private family affairs. They were laughing and joking around and soon there was a commercial break. I turned off the TV and looked at both Lianne and Luis. Lianne was sitting, visibly shaking and had her palms on her forehead. Luis had both his fists clenched and gritted his teeth. They were silent for over two minutes, until Lianne spoke.

"Alright, who the hell leaked it?" She asked.

"Don't look at us." Luis said.

"I'm not accusing you, you idiot!" She yelled as she turned towards Luis.