Chapter 7

I woke at 6 am and took a shower. I could barely remember what had happened last night, but as the hot water hit my bare skin, Hailey was in my head. I knew she hadn't left, that she was still here in the bed with Luis. After my long intended shower, I got a a pink tee, blue jeans, and a dark green cardigan. Opening the door, I past by Luis's room, glad I was quiet, but as I walked I smashed in the potted flower, which the vase cracked open leaving a mess. I made a loud thud after the crash. My toe was bleeding, as I fell on the brown moist soil. The door opened, and I couldn't look to see who it was.

"Hey, what happened." It was Luis. Please wash your hands, because they were touching each other. I felt a sting on my big toe as the blood covered it. I looked at my toe, it needed a pedicure. It was cut pretty bad. 

"I fell, into the plant." I said as I slightly touched it. The blood came on my finger as the pinching pain increased.

"Don't touch it, I'm gonna get some rubbing alcohol and a band-aid." He said getting up and going down the hallway. About a minute he came back. "This might sting." He said as he dabbed the cotton ball on my cut. The pain heated my left leg, but soon he had cleaned it up to see my nail and the wound. The cut had a piece of sharp glass, from the shattered glass. He carefully pulled it out, and I was able to wiggle my toe. "That was a nasty cut." He said focusing on putting the band-aid on my toe. He even bandaged my leg, since it was hard for me to walk.

The door creaked open. "Babe, come back to- oh. She's here." Hailey's voice sounded so sweet and bitter at the same time. She was wearing his oversized t-shirt, and only that. I looked up and realized he wasn't wearing a shirt. I blushed.

"Babe, go back to bed, I'll be there in a few." He said. She reluctantly went back to the room, shutting the door.

"You should be more careful. What if I had invited someone?" I suggested, but really I just wanted her to never spend the night here ever.

"Nicole, she's my girlfriend. I shouldn't be careful in my own home." He said. It sounded so hurtful, as if I was just the guest. I have every right to this home as he does. "All better." He said before helping me up. I slowly walked around. It didn't hurt as much as before.

"Thanks." I said as I looked at the time. "Uh-oh, I'm gonna be late." I say as he moves out my path, and I carefully go down the stairs.

"Tell Daniel to clean this up!" Luis says as I nod and tell Daniel as I pass by. I passed by Jack and see he's already made my breakfast, but not done with my lunch. "Can you bring it to school?" I ask as he says he'll try. I put on my most comfortable shoes before heading out the door, now limping. I put my bag on the other front seat, before starting the engine. I use my right leg for acceleration and brakes, not wanting to put pressure on my toe. By the time I arrive to school it's 7:15 and I am late. So late I have to park far from the school and had to walk up to the school.

"You're late, Nicole." Mrs. Figgs said, fixing her glasses. I've only missed twenty minutes of class so I catch up easily.

"Why are you limping?" Someone shouts. Elizabeth Torres of course. I rolled my eyes but of course everyone is quiet and wants to hear what I could have done to bruise my foot in Luis Jone's house. So I make it interesting.

"Me and Luis were having sex and I-"

"Nicole!" Mrs. Figgs yells as everyone is shocked.

"She wanted to know." I simply say as I sit down. Elizabeth stares at me disgusted as I give her a nasty look that sends her turning around. I try to pay attention, but alot is on my mind. The bell rings as I walk out quickly, but a tap on a shoulder stopped me. Jasmine, of course. I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, wanna come over and study?" She asked, as she wore her blue cheerleader uniform.

"Can't, me and Luis are going on a date. Maybe another time. Jenna!" I called to Jenna and ran off. That was a lie of course, but I couldn't stand how fake Jasmine was. I walked next to Jenna.

"Hey can I hang out at your place today? My parents are working late today, and I hate being alone." Jenna begged, pushing up her glasses.

"It's not because I'm married to Luis Jones you all of a sudden want come over." I joked.

"Maaaybee! Totally joking. I hate my house." She said.

"Hey where's Kayla?" I said wincing in pain as we went up a flight of stairs.

"No idea. I think-" A group of squealing girls pointing my me, saying ask.

"Are you really married to Luis Jones?" I nodded as they squealed. One pulled up their shirts to reveal a Luis Jones white tee with his face on it.

"I'll let him know you have his tee shirts. I think he'll love it." I lied. He wasn't gonna hear of anything, because I wasn't gonna say anything.

"Tell him how much he's saved my life. I've cut before, but his music really touched me. He saved my life, because of him I'm living." This shocked me. Was his music that powerful?