Chapter 68 - The Grammys, A Break In, and The Gender of Baby Jones!

Four weeks had passed since Lucas Jones (Luis's deadbeat father) came. Luis has been changed ever since. He's so much happier now, and the focus is shifted back to me and my baby. I was now nine months pregnant, so it was literally any day now. It was truly nesting mode for Luis and I. We set up the car seat, finished the nursery, and even took a birthing and breastfeeding class.

"Do you want me to rub your back?" Luis asked from the couch, as I waddled downstairs.

"No, I'm fine." I replied

"You're clearly in pain." He pointed out.

"What? This isn't pain. This is me enjoying having our baby growing inside of me." I said sarcastically. The Braxton Hicks hadn't stopped either, although they weren't unbearable. I was overall always hot, and always had back pain.

"Are you going to be able to go to the award show tonight with me?" He asked, concerned.

"Of course." I said as I mustered a smile through my discomfort.. "I wouldn't miss it for the world." I said in a strained voice.

I forgot to mention, Luis's song with Musical Explosion was nominated for three awards! It was award season in Hollywood. The Grammys, Oscars, Emmys, you name it, were constantly on. I thought this would have been the first year Luis wasn't going to be up for nomination, but since he did that song with Musical Explosion a few weeks ago, it somehow managed to make the cut for Best Collaboration, Best Artist, and Album of the Year. Since Luis was a writer, he would be accepting the award on stage with Musical Explosion. The song was an instant hit and broke a lot of records, as well as sold millions in just 48 hours of its release. I had to support my husband even though I knew it was going to be hectic today. As excited as I was, I just wished I wasn't so uncomfortable.

I began to lightly groan in pain.

"Braxton Hicks?" Luis asked.

"Yeah. But I'm fine, I swear." I reassured. I did not want anything to ruin Luis's big day today.

"Okay, but if you don't feel good, I can always opt out. I'll look like an ass to the entire world if I went to an awards show while you were giving birth." He joked as he got up and went outside to get the mail. As I walked to the kitchen to make myself a cup of tea, Luis rushed back inside, yelling. "What? What happened?" I asked, as I turned around to see what the ruckus was about.

"It's here!" He said with a big smile.

"Really?!" I asked, knowing exactly what he was talking about.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this part too. Luis was in the process of being signed to a new record label. The band Musical Explosion is signed to a record label called Supreme Records. They loved Luis's song so much, they're suing Platinum Records for defamation of character and to allow Luis to make music again. Supreme Records also has a magazine and each quarter they pick a celebrity to be the cover of it. For this quarter, they picked Luis. And boy did he look sexy.

"Let me see!" I begged as he turned around the copy of Supreme magazine and there he was. He was in a blazer without a shirt underneath so you could see his toned, muscular six pack. His brown eyes were so pungent as they starred deep into my soul. "Wow you look hot babe." Was all I could say. I could literally drool at the sight of my gorgeous husband.

"I know. And in the magazine I'm announcing that I will be releasing an album with Supreme by the end of this year. And next week I have-" I couldn't help but cut him off.

"Less talking please." I said as I leaned over and kissed him. The longer this pregnancy prolonged, the more my hormones were acting up.

"I'm not a piece of meat you know? My eyes are up here, Mrs. Jones." He said in a joking manner.