Chapter 25 Wedding

Sorry I had to re update this because it wasn't in order.

I was up since 6am, looking at the trees sway, the sun rising, the dew sprinkling on the car. Today was my wedding day, and her I was at the Hampton Hotel on the top floor, with the biggest suite for my bridesmaids who were sleeping on queen beds. And I the bride was just sitting and looking at the view, just thinking about everything.

I don't know how long it was until someone knocked on the door. I jumped up to my feet and scurried to the door. Standing on my tip toes, a man with a cart. "Room Service." He said as I opened the door. "Luis Jones sent this up for a Nicole." He said as he removed the cover. There a breakfast of waffles, fruit, and oatmeal. To the side was a rose and a note. To the beautiful bride, a beautiful breakfast.

I couldn't help but smile as the man closed the door. By the time I was finished with my breakfast, Jenna had woken up. "Where's the soon to be Mrs. Luis Jones at?" She asked hugging me. It was really my day and nothing could go wrong.

***

Luis's POV

Of all the days of the year, today this happened. I ran my hand through my hair, sweat coming down on my face. I walked to Nicole's suite, biting my lip. I couldn't believe between one phone call it would ruin her day, no, her life. I softly stepped on the tiles towards her room. I was already ready, or had clothes on. My suit was on, just not the accessories. I was about to knock on the door when the door opened and Kayla bumped into me.

"What are you doing here?! The groom isn't supposed to see the bride! It's bad luck." She said blocking the door.

"Kayla, I got some news, look I need to speak to Nicole." I said as she jokingly blocked the door.

"Nothing the maid of honor can't fix. Here I'll tell her for you." She insisted. I grabbed her by the hand and put her to the corner of the hallway.

"Kayla this is serious. I just got off the phone with the Village." I started as I gulped. "Nicole's mom, she passed away this morning." I slowly said. Her eyes widened as she covered her mouth from a gasp that escaped and echoed in the hallway. She slid on the wall to her knees, tears welling up in her eyes.

"What?" She gasped in horror, looking at me. I slowly hugged her. "No I'm okay. It just caught me by surprise." She said. I nodded.  "Luis, I don't think you shoud tell her."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean she's been waiting for this day since she was a kid. You shouldn't ruin it by telling her mother died the same day she's the happiest." She said. I could not believe my ears.

"That's dumb. If you excuse me, I have to tell her." I said, walking past her.

"I am her maid of honor. My job is to make her the happiest today. You can not ruin this day for her. And I won't let it happen." She said.

"That's stupid. That's her mother and she has a right to know." I argued.

"She also has a right to enjoy her wedding day. Just tell her tomorrow morning, or something." She said.

"That's-"

"Where's my maid of-shit Luis really?! I'm not supposed to see you!" I turned around to get a glimpse of her in a white silk robe and her hair halfway done. "No no no! Turn around!" She covered her eyes. "It's bad luck to see the bride." She said.

"You're telling me." I muttered. Kayla eyed me as she walked to Nicole. I gulped and began contemplating the idea. It wasn't a bad idea. Just tell her after in the wedding, like I just got the call. I nodded at the idea as I walked back to my suite.