Chapter 37

I stood outside my best friend's new home. Just knock. I thought. She won't be mad forever. I knocked on the door, biting the inside of my cheek. The door opened and out came my newly wed, pregnant best friend.

"Finally the pizza's here- oh it's just you. I have nothing to say to you." She said, folding her arms, then using her leg to kick the door shut in my face. I stopped it from shutting. 

"Please, I need my best friend to talk to." I pleaded. She looked at me. "I also brought ice cream and chips? For your pregnancy cravings." I said, showing her the shopping bag in my hand, trying to bribe her.

"Ugh, fine. You are so lucky I'm in the mood for ice cream." She caved, before widening the door and letting me in. "But, you're paying the pizza guy when he gets here." She said as I walked in.

"Deal." I said, sighing in relief. I walked in their apartment, it was filled with boxes of gifts. 

"You'll have to excuse the mess. I can't lift any of these gifts to organize them. And my beloved husband, Eddie was busy last night getting wasted with your "husband." She said, air quoting the word "husband". 

"Oh yeah, sorry about that. And thank you for dropping him home. You didn't have to do that." I said to her as we sat at the kitchen table. She opened the first carton of ice cream, cookies and cream and began eating it.

"Umm... Yes I did. Otherwise, he wouldn't have made it home. He was so drunk. Even Eddie. I had to put Eddie to sleep then drive Luis's car to the house with him in it and then order an Uber. I would much rather spend my honeymoon time with my husband, but couldn't." She said sarcastically, with a grin.

"Yikes. I'll make it up to you. I'll borrow Luis's card and give you an all expense paid honeymoon you deserve." I reassured.

"Don't bother. We'll be having a baby soon. The honeymoon phase is sorta over." She said, sounding a little sad as she ate her ice cream. "Anyway, how are you and Luis doing?" She asked, changing the subject.

I began shaking my head. "I don't know. One minute he loves me, the next, he loves Hailey. It's really painful, cause I care so much about him, but he's in love with this snobby girl." I said. "You know last night, he told me he loved me. Well, he was drunk, and he was mixing me up with Hailey, but he said he loved me." I said.

"Does he remember?" She asked.

"No. And I'm kinda glad he doesn't. As much as it hurts me, I want him to be with Hailey." I said to her.

"What? Why? Aren't you in love with him?" She asked.

"Yes. And that's the reason why. I love him too much to see him with me. If he's happy with Hailey, he's happy. I want him to be happy. And this whole celebrity thing is too much too. I can't wait for things to go back to the way it was." I said.

"What are your plans when you turn 18? Do you even have money to live on your own?" She asked.

"No, and that's what scares me. I don't have any other family and I don't even have money to support myself for a month. I was hoping to move in with you, but that was before the marriage and the baby carriage situation." I confessed.

"Well, you're always welcome here. You're my best friend, and you've done so much for me." Kayla said.

"Thanks. But I could never intrude. You're married, you deserve your alone time." I said. It also was the fact that her apartment was so tiny, and the way that Kayla and Eddie argue, would drive me mad.

Just then, Eddie walked out  from the bedroom, looking so hungover. 

"Goodmorning sweetie. You're finally up." Kayla said.