Chapter 13

"Are you sure?" Dr. Williams asked as I nodded.

"Positive. I want to know if one day, I'm just gonna forget everything in my life." I said. She took a long breath.

"Knowing you have this gene from now can damage your life, you-" She started.

"Doc, I want to know now. It's my life and body." I said.

"You can't make a life changing decision. You're only a minor." She folded her arms.

"Fine, I'll discuss it with my fiance. I have a right to know. And I want to know now."

"I'll have to send it to the lab, so it'll be a couple weeks." She said as she went in a cabinet and got gloves, needles, tubes, and swabs. "Roll up the sleeve to your elbow." I did likewise as she wiped the area with an alcohal swab. Taking the empty needle, she stuck it in and squeezed the top as blood flew in the container.

She squirted my blood in the tube, putting it in a large envelope. She then put a bandaid on my skin. "You'll know between five to eight weeks." She said.

"Thank you. I appreciate it." I said as I met Luis in the waiting room.

"What took you so long?" He asked me.

"Oh, girl issues." I lied as I held his hand and we got into his car.

"Do you want to take a walk in the park?" He sugggested. I nodded, as I played with my bandaid. When we got there, the sun was shining even brighter. Putting my hair in a tight ponytail, I held Luis's hand as we walked around. From afar, paparazzi were snapping photos, but I mean what can you do?

Then out of no where, Luis picked me up and ran with me. I looked ahead to see the sprinklers. Hiding my face, we got soaked together. "I hate you!" I said between my laughs as my shirt was now see through.

"No you don't." He said as he leaned down and kissed me. "Good acting." He whispered. I sighed.

After that, we played on the swings together. I felt weightless as he pushed me, the wind in my hair, almost touching the sky.

"Luis Jones is at the park!" Someone screamed in a phone. People asked for his autograph, hugging him. I took the pictures.

After an hour of that we came home to screaming. We were at the door, when the door was cracked open to loud wailing.

"Did you lock the door before we left?" Luis whispered.

"Yeah." I nodded as he slowly opened the door. "It's coming from the kitchen. Great, the one place with all the sharp knives and steel frying pots." I whispered as we tip-toed to the kitchen.

"Stay behind me." Luis said, holding me back with his arm.

"Oh sure, I feel much safer with a guy who doesn't even have a weapon!" I whispered.

"I don't suppose you want to go in front of me." He said, raising an eyebrow." I motioned for him to go.

Slowly, he cracked the swinging door open and it was Hailey. And the camera crew. How on earth were we gonna pull that off. I stepped in.

"Hailey, this is your fifth time coming in our house! What don't you understand about leaving us alone. Luis is done with you." I said.

Gosh, she was a mess. Her mascara was running, her hair looked crazy and she was eating from our fridge.

"Here, let's talk outside." He took her by the shoulders but she pushed him off.

"No, don't touch me! Get your hands off me." She huffed.

"Are you drinking?" Luis asked as she walked towards Manny.

"I don't want this anymore. You, Luis think I can't act like you. It's over." Then she did the most surprising thing ever. She leaned in and kissed him. I put my hand over my mouth as her lips slobbered over Manny's. I looked to see Luis walking off.

I yanked her and pushed her. "What the hell is wrong with you." I was pissed.

"Don't touch me." She pushed me right back.

"Get the fuck out my house." I muttered as she walked to the backyard. "I want you off my property." I said.

"Could you leave me alone?" She giggled. "You're just a pathetic little girl that Luis will NEVER love." She spat. The next thing I knew, my fist had connected to her nose.

"No, you're wrong. Your dead wrong. You should get the hell out now, you know the exit." Her hand cupped on her nose as blood spilled in her hand.

"I paid for this nose!" She screamed. I bumped right into Manny as I looked for Luis. I heard the sound of rubber burning. Running to a nearby window, he drove off.