Chapter 16

I looked around, Kayla hadn't shown up to school. I bit my lip, as I checked how slow the clock ticked. Ugh.

My attention turned to the door, Elizabeth's head popped into the room late. "You're late, Torres." Miss Figgs said as Elizabeth batted her eyes. Miss Figgs phone rang. "I have to take this call excuse me class. Behave." Miss Figgs stepped out.

"I was just passing out flyers, to let people know to vote for me and my now boyfriend, Elijah, as we run together for prom royalty." She passed each and every one of us a paper. Her brown hair was in a tight ponytail that even pulled her skin.

"Vote for E and E, (Elizabeth and Elijah), and we can Elegantly Elevate the Evening." I burst into laugh.

"That's corny! Who would buy this crap?!" I said as I put the flyer on the ground.

"I just pinned three hundred of those all over the school, unlike you. Uh, where are yours? Right up my ass." She said giving me a deadly look.Everyone said a instigating "ohh" at her comment.

"I'm don't need to advertise myself, I have enough confidence to know I can win, unlike you." I said with alot of sass.

"No, I have plenty of that. What I don't have is a celebrity fiance to help me win my votes." She said, smirking at me. I stood up out of my seat.

"You know what?" I asked as I stood up and slowly walked towards her. "You're initials are exactly what you are. E.T." I raised my eyebrow. "You probably don't know what using the same letter per word is even called." I said folding my arms and raising an eyebrow. She began to think.

"It's uh, uh." She stuttered. I laughed in her face.

"Uh, uh? Alliteration. Gee, it's a good thing being elected for prom queen doesn't have to do with smarts. Because your're a damn, dumb, dramqueen." I was inches to her face. I could see her foundation marks, smell her perfume, see all the lies she's spoken out her mouth. I tore her flyer and threw it in her face.

***

I sat next to Jenna as we ate lunch together. "Look at her. She's plotting an evil plan against me." I pointed to Elizabeth as she passed out papers.

"I heard Jasmine talking about how you called her retarted." Jenna said laughing. She flipped her goldilocks, her face beamed with a smile.

"I'm gonna win." I said.

"Are you taking your fiance as your date?" She asked me, fixing her glasses. I took a bite of my veggie sandwich.

"I kinda want someone to ask me besides him. I mean it's kinda already expected and cliche. Plus, I wanna rub it all over Elizabeth's stupid face that I can win without the help of my fiance." I said. "But I need to tell everyone I'm available without sounding like... Like." I snapped my fingers trying to think of the right words.

"An attention seeking whore?" I nodded. "You just gotta tell the right people. Like Jasmine for example." As she walked passed us.

"Jasmine." I called as she excitedly sat down.

"Hi, Nicole!" She waved as took a bite of her chicken burger. "Isn't this meat to die for?" She asked.

"You mean like the animal did? Ya know die?" I said with a smile but a mean tone. She looked confused.

"She's a vegetarian." Jenna said as she covered her mouth.

"I had no idea! I'm so sorry! Now I have chicken breath." She covered her mouth as she threw her sandwich away.

"I thought you knew, when I told you I didn't eat meat in middle school and you shoved it down my throat. Ah, memories." I said with my eyes wide and my lips pressed together forming a smirk.

"Anyways." Jenna steered the conversation to prom. "Who are you going to prom with?" She asked.

"Oh, I'm going with Tommy Richards. He asked me on via text. How romantic." She smiled. I gave Jenna a Can you believe this girl look? "You're going with your fiance I'm guessing." She said.

"Actually no he's gonna be .." I thought of something.

"Alaska." Jenna butted in. Really Alaska?!

"A store named Alaska that's really, really, far away. So he can't make it, so right now I'm on the market." I said making a sad face.

"I love that store!" Jasmine said. I tried my best not to laugh. "Bummer. Well there are totally single guys here and you could find somebody." She said.

"I know. Been to this school for four years now. I've noticed." I said sarcastically, as I laughed. "I guess Justin Carlson isn't a bad guy. We could go together, I guess. But he like totally never notices me." I said sounding like a sad little girl. "I gotta get going. Bye though." I fakely smiled as I walked off. I turned around to see her talking to Justin already.

Justin used to be my friend, until middle school when he began failing and skipping. We were on totally different levels and I needed time for my studies. He's changed now, the hottest, smartest, sweetest kid ever. He was athletic, and plus, since he was my former friend, it wouldn't look bad. It would look like a friend type of thing. This was gonna boost my chances for winning.

When the final bell rang, I dashed straight to Kayla's house.

Knocking on her door, her mother answered. "Why, hello Nicole. Long time no see." She said as she let me in.

"Hi, um, is Kayla home? I've got homework for her." I said.

"She's been awfully ill since yesterday." She said. "I heard about your mother." She said giving me a hug.

"Yeah it's sad. I try not talking about it." I said as I tried walking upstairs.

"Oh, is that your engagement ring? I mean when Kayla told me you were engaged, I couldn't believe it. Look how young you are!" She squealed. I smiled with her as I walked upstairs to Kayla's room.

There she was, hair in a messy bun, the strong scent of vomit, and tissues everywhere. "I brought icecream and tacos." I said as I sat next to her on her bed. Her face was puffy and her eyes were red. We stayed in silence for a while.

"What happened at the party? I heard you were sick and crying." I finally broke the silence. She gulped.

"It was Mark. He was drunk and told me to try some beer. I drank the beer and felt weird after. It tasted funny, and then he brings me to a private room. And I can't move my mouth or hands. And that's when everything clicked why the drink tasted funny. It was because he drugged me." She said as her voice cracked. Her face was getting red and she took a deep breath.

"Did you two-" I started to ask

"We didn't. I threw up in his face." She said as she took my sack of tacos and ate them. "I shouldn't have went to the party. I should've went to the fitting-which I'm really sorry I missed." She said wiping her eyes.

"No problem, I'm glad you're safe." I said as I hugged her.

"I haven't showered since the party." She said.

"Oh, I've noticed." I said as we both laughed. "I think we should have a party tonight." I said. "A slumber party!" I squealed as she laughed.

"I don't know. I kinda just want to be left alone." She frowned.

"You know, today's laundry day in our house. Which means Luis only has one clean shirt. Which means, if I accidently spill soda on him, shirtless fiance!" I joked.

"I'm in!" She said as she jumped outta bed. She rushed to the bathroom to take a shower. In the meantime, I gagged at the smell of the room.

**

I had called both Jenna and Lianne who both said they were free tonight. I ordered pizza, chips, and soda, rented some movies, and picked up the girls.

When I opened the door, there Luis was with five other guys. "Hey, babe. I'm just having a little get-together with the guys." He said as they were playing poker.

"Cool honey, me too with the girls." I pushed to door wide as the girls made their way in.

I had church today so I didn't update but yea... Ill update soon tonight or Sunday... And thanks for all the votes and the comment(s).