Where Is Amber?

Here's another update, enjoy!

The nerves that I've had all seem to only intensify as Damon led me to the dance floor. "Calm down you'll be fine." He whispers probably because he can feel me shaking. I try and do what he says as we line up with the rest of the group. I feel like I want to puke but Damon looks me in the eyes and keeps mouthing you'll be fine. The music starts and I courtesy to Damon. "Just follow my lead and you'll be fine." I circle Damon holding up my left hand and he does the same. Never taking my eyes off his and his never leave mine. Now it's time for us to finally touch and I don't know what came over me but the moment our hands connected the fear and stress I was feeling washed away.

Damon held onto me tight assuring me he wouldn't let me fall. I felt safe and this is a weird feeling to have in the arms of Damon Salvatore. The man who has killed people for fun, the man who torments his brother just to get back at him. The man I somehow despite my better judgment can't find myself hating. I know I should hate him for all of the things he's done but something is telling me that hating Damon Salvatore will be a hard thing for me to do. He's warmed his way into my heart causing me to care for him in a way I never knew I could.

__________________________________
All of my nerves came back once Damon let go of my hand and I was left to stand beside the rest of the girls waiting to hear who is Miss Mystic. "Where's Amber?" Caroline asks Elena and me. I look around and I still don't see her.

"I have no idea." Elena responds. She gives me a worried look especially since she still hasn't found Stefan. I can only hope wherever he is he's not hurting anyone, but our odds seem to be against us lately.

"Now before I crown the winner, I would like to offer a personal thank you to all of these young ladies for their efforts. To better offer our community." Mayor Lockwood claps and so does everyone else. "So, without further adieu, it is my honor to announce our very own Miss Mystic Falls, Ms. Caroline Forbes!" Caroline was so shocked that she won which shouldn't be since she's done so much for her community that it was a no-brainer she would win.

"Congratulations!" Elena and I say to her with beaming smiles.

"I actually won!" We sandwich her in a Gilbert twin hug.

"You shouldn't be surprised Care, you're amazing." I whisper to her.

"Thank you, Sofia." Watching Caroline get what she worked so hard for was a magical moment. It reminded me that good things can still happen in this town and I need to find peace in this dark life.

__________________________________
"Thank god, that's over with. Do they still have the food out? I'm starving." I ask my sister. I look around and start heading for the food but Damon stops me and gently takes my arm and leads Elena and me to a secluded area.

"What is it, did you find him?" Elena asks. Damon has now moved his hand from holding my arm to it barely hovering over my hand. His fingers keep brushing against mine. And I don't seem to want to move mine even though I should.

"There were signs of a struggle in the upstairs bathroom. There was blood. And that Amber girl is missing."

"Oh, my god. Do they have a lead on where they could be?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"He wouldn't hurt her. He won't." Elena defends Stefan's actions hoping what she is saying is true.

"Let's just find him okay? Let's get your coats, come on." Damon takes my hand fully in his and I let him.

__________________________________
It didn't take long for us when we got outside for Damon to pinpoint where Stefan and Amber are. Elena spots them first. "Stefan!" She runs after him and I hold her back as we see he's attacked Amber and her blood is dripping from his mouth.