Eligible Bachelor's

What is your favorite season?

Matt's POV

I've never seen Sofia bolt out of a room so fast. I know my mom walking in on us wasn't ideal but she didn't have to leave. She's known my mom all of her life, but I know it's still something to get used to. My mom always did prefer Elena for some reason over Sofia. I think in a way Sofia is too headstrong for my mom's liking and their personalities clash when they have spoken. Elena always seemed to keep what she really meant to herself which was fine but I love that Sofia isn't afraid to say what she believes and still understands another person's ideals.

"So, it's been a few months. Where you been?" I ask my mom as she keeps looking for her liquor glasses.

"Ah, you know here and there. Never one place too long. You know Pete."

"No, actually I don't, because you never brought him around."

"So, you traded in one sister for the other one. I never pegged you for a guy to date sisters, let alone twins. I'm sorry I scared Sofia off. Elena didn't scare that easy."

"I love Sofia mom. She's been there for me when no one else has."

"So, she isn't just a rebound from Elena?"

"Sofia and Elena are different. You of all people should know that. Sofia is more carefree and less serious about life. She's reasonable and fun and I love spending time with her."

"So, she's the one?"

"I don't know. We're still young. But if I had to say if Sofia would be the one woman for the rest of my life I would be honored."

"Seriously Elena's twin sister and what Carol's son's ex? How could you get yourself roped into that mess?"

"Mom seriously knock it off." I warn her. She can say what she wants about me but I draw the line on her starting to bash Sofia.

"Ice please." Always wanting to distract from the main issue with drugs and alcohol. I take her glass and fill it up.

"So, have you heard from Vic?" I ask setting the glass down in front of her.

"No, but don't worry. She'll come home eventually when she needs something. I played that game."

"Are you playing it now?" I accuse knowing full well why she's here.

"No." She seems hurt I would ask such a question.

"Then what are you doin home?"

"You trying to say I need a reason to come back? Sit down eat with me?" I set down her food. "Tell me everything I've missed, hmm."

"Well, Sofia and I have always been close friends. I've always cared for her but this year was different. I saw her in a different way. She was concerned for me and always went out of her way to check on me. It was nice knowing that someone cared enough to..." I gage my mother's reaction. "It gets lonely here and Sofia would bring over food she cooked and helped me study for tests. She made me laugh and I found myself loving the way the sun showed all of her freckles. I was excited to hear her laugh at my corny jokes. I started to find that I wanted to be more than just a friend to her."

"Why did she and Tyler break up? I'm pretty sure Carole has been showing everyone Tyler and Sofia's wedding album like it's already happened."

"He messed up and cheated on her. She didn't want to keep pursuing something that was doomed. She wanted to start over since her parents passing."

"You seem to really care about her."

"I love her mom. I didn't feel this kind of love even the whole time I was with Elena. It's like I can see an actual future with Sofia and I even want it."